Author Topic: Philippines wins Tribunal ruling on South China Sea, China tells UN to stick it  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SOUTH_CHINA_SEA_RULING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-07-12-06-24-07

Yeah...congratulations, you won this binding ruling...but as with all things UN there is no enforcement authority.

And don't expect help from Duh Wun...he's so weakened the military here even if it wanted to do something bold it wouldn't be able to execute anything...or sustain any effort long enough to matter...

Y'all on your own...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Ramping up duties on Chinese goods would call for a little sacrifice by Americans used to cheap crap, but could be devastating for the Chinese economy.

It would be the best way to fight a "war" with China.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Ramping up duties on Chinese goods would call for a little sacrifice by Americans used to cheap crap, but could be devastating for the Chinese economy.

It would be the best way to fight a "war" with China.

Well right up until they dump massive loads of US treasuries  anyways.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, I think that ship sailed about 25 years ago...the Neo-Keynesians the Ruling Class sold their souls to in order to fleece the masses and bribe them with free sh*t, subsidies, minor breaks and lots of shoddy trinkets with which to prop up an illusion of prosperity saw to that!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
China blames the Great Satan, big shock.

http://en.people.cn/n3/2016/0712/c90000-9085051.html

Frankly, I think they give people too much credit.  Besides, China bitching about Obama orchestrating a win in a court without enforcement power?

Sum ting jump shark!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Under 1.3 trillion, now  Again, manageable if we're serious about containing China.

I don't think we are and they know it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is using quiet diplomacy to persuade the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and other Asian nations not to move aggressively to capitalize on an international court ruling that denied China's claims to the South China Sea, several U.S. administration officials said on Wednesday.

https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2016/07/13/the-earliest-train-out/?singlepage=true

::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
These f**king megalomaniac lunatics in this Regime are gonna get a lot of people killed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
So, Obama told them to bend over and take it like he likes it? 

This is my shocked face -  ::unknowncomic::