Author Topic: Ford Class Cost Overruns  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ford Class Cost Overruns
« on: July 13, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »
This is the way things work in gubermint contracts...

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/07/13/delivery-of-new-carrier-ford-to-navy-delayed-yet-again.html

...part of it can be legitimately criticized (but so must all other purchases military or not and large or small), part of it is due to employing new technologies (EMALS) and designs (compartment cubes)...and what critics like Mccainiac never own up to - meddling by Congressional busybodies for political points as well as home state/district earmarks!

Truth in reporting...I know it when I see it and I see it extremely rarely!   ::gaah::

PS-Hope they got transgender heads!   ::ohno::

/

PPS-November was its originally planned delivery date...another miss by jurnotards!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Ford Class Cost Overruns
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
The other night I watched "Air America", a cynical 1990 "comedy" about the unofficial wars in Laos and Cambodia. It wasn't particularly entertaining, thought-provoking, or insightful but it did serve to remind me that things have been three ways of messed up for a long time.

You can't unrot an apple - Alphabet Soup

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ford Class Cost Overruns
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:30:24 PM »
OMG, that was Mel Gibson before he started getting super hammered and hooking up with crazy Slavic chicks and being recorded saying goofy crap!

Nice saying, can't unrot an apple...  I like you can't unscrew a ....
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.