Author Topic: Video: CAIR confronts Allen West, loses badly  (Read 6323 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Video: CAIR confronts Allen West, loses badly
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 11:54:18 PM »
If I really let my imagination run wild, I'd pick Karl Denninger for Treasury.  And I resoundingly second Bolton for State.

Maybe Petraeus for Defense?  Is Schwartzkopf still available?

I also agree with Charles Oakwood's elimination list.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »
I also think DHS could be eliminated (Justice and Defense/War should be able to handle those functions). But if it were kept, I'd love to see Jan Brewer get the appointment just to rub the Left's face in it!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 06:52:57 AM »
I think it would be seriously a hugely concrete as well as symbolic move for the next Republican president to eliminate every single "Czar" position and the bureaucracies and "task forces" they oversee.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

hemm

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »
I think it would be seriously a hugely concrete as well as symbolic move for the next Republican president to eliminate every single "Czar" position and the bureaucracies and "task forces" they oversee.

They should have that as an agenda item.....one of the top 5 "to-do" things within the first 72 hours on office.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 07:10:44 AM »
I think one of the overriding themes here is that the Executive Branch, and the President in particular, have become too powerful. That branch of government directly responsible to the people, the Legislative Branch, needs to reassert itself and restore proper constitutional balance.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 08:49:25 AM »

Good question. I think Darrell Issa had assumed that as one of his goals.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »

Good question. I think Darrell Issa had assumed that as one of his goals.

He did!Now we wait for results that better be coming soon. He does need time to line them all up and go throgh the steps. But I'm sure he's out there  ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »

Darrell Issa, Chairman House Oversight and Government Reform issued subpoenas to DHHS regarding the department's Freedom of Information Act policies and practices.

He has also sent subpoenas to Countrywide Financial's "Friends of Angelo" VIP Program to which Rep. Elijah Cummings pitched a fit saying,  "three unilateral subpoenas issued abruptly over the past eight days without adequate consultation with Committee Members." ...

"Based on your public statements and the underlying facts, all three subpoenas appear unnecessary at this time and could have been avoided if you had adequately consulted with me and other Members of the Committee,"...

Article

We must be thinking of another rep.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »
In 2010 Issa promised 40 hearings in 40 days. He's running a little slow.

It appears the good Rep. Scalise from [hey Alan!] La is leading the charge.

01/06/11
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and 28 other House Republicans introduced legislation to do away with the informal, paid advisers President Obama has employed over the past two years.
The legislation...would do away with the 39 czars Obama has employed during his administration.

Paisano?
 February 21, 2011
Scalise's amendment was attached to the 2011 spending package, which passed the House last week, would strip funding for a select list of the so-called czars.
The Scalise amendment was a refined version of a catch-all anti-czar bill he introduced earlier in the session. That bill called for effectively shutting down any Executive Office task force or office led by an official who had not received Senate confirmation. At the time, Scalise estimated that 39 officials would fall under that description.
  • "climate czar." ..., Carol Browner, is expected to leave the position, ...
    "Let her leave, and take the funding, too," Scalise said on the House floor last week.

• special master for TARP  -- No more edicts on executive pay. ... who until recently was Kenneth Feinberg.

• White House Office of Health Reform...  Scalise suggested the "ObamaCare czar" helped facilitate too many backroom deals in the process.

• [special envoy to oversee the closure of the Guantanamo Bay]
      No more visits to foreign countries to convince them to take Guantanamo Bay detainees....
      He's tasked with facilitating the closure of Guantanamo and finding homes for those prisoners deemed fit for release.

• "climate" czar, special envoy for climate change -- No more

• Task Force on the Auto Industry ...-- No more ...Scalise's amendment targets the senior Treasury adviser to that task force, Ron Bloom, who is now senior counselor for manufacturing policy.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:26:55 AM by Charles Oakwood »