Author Topic: Some guy selling a book thinks second Revolution unwinnable.  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-18/there-will-be-no-second-american-revolution-futility-armed-revolt

And the comment that made it unnecessary for me to comment

runningman18's picture
runningman18 erkme73 Jul 18, 2016 11:59 PM

Oh boy, yet another nihilistic idiot with no tactical experience writes an essay on how "resistance is futile". This must be the 100th I've seen in the past year and they all say the same things. I wonder how many successful revolutionaries were told before hand that "there is no way to win"?

Here's what these people don't get: it does not matter what the odds of a successful revolution are, you either fight for your right to live free, or you become a slave. That's all there is. Revolution is going to happen whether we think we can win or not because it is the only option left. And those who never fight back will always lose regardless. I prefer to fight the odds.

It doesn't MATTER if we can win or not.  If they won't let us live free then some of them won't EITHER. If that is the best we can do, then fine.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Some guy selling a book thinks second Revolution unwinnable.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
Fight to live free, do nothing and be a slave, be a Fedcoat and die.  Those are the only choices people will have to choose from, no off-menu ordering!

#RevoltIsNear!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
Don't forget that only about a third of the population had the stomach for the American Revolution.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:10:05 PM »
Don't forget that only about a third of the population had the stomach for the American Revolution.

And only 3% ad the stomach to actually pick up arms and walk onto the field of battle , and only 10-15% actually committed to supporting the endeavor with actual money, and supplies, aid and comfort.

I don't agree that such a revolution couldn't be won,  but I don't think it would be inevitable, or that  the result couldn't be worse than what we have now.
Such a thing is a very risky and bloody endeavor.  I just know I am not willing to live as a slave, so I will resist violently when the time comes EVEN IF I am the only one who does. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »
Yeah, I am tired of those screeds.  What irks me about them is that they seem to stray beyond counseling caution and a sober examination of the challenges, and drift right into an almost mocking dismissiveness.  What good are those people?  They're poisonous to morale, they're effectively force multipliers for the other side, that's what.

I don't know if there's going to be a second revolution or not.  I am not sure that one will be necessary.  I think we are more likely to just continue quietly, and sometimes not so quietly, balkanizing along any number of fault lines.  You know how you hear about these other countries, where the government has at-best nominal presence in certain areas?  Or sometimes not even that?  Those places probably didn't fight revolutions or civil wars to end up that way.  They just had a central state whose legitimacy is not recognized in certain areas, and lacks the ability to project a sustainable authority there.  I could see something like that taking shape in multiple areas.

I would so much rather just regain control and resurrect the Republic of our Founders, but at this point that likelihood seems even more fanciful than a second revolution.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 04:00:59 PM »
You know how you hear about these other countries, where the government has at-best nominal presence in certain areas?  Or sometimes not even that?  Those places probably didn't fight revolutions or civil wars to end up that way.  They just had a central state whose legitimacy is not recognized in certain areas, and lacks the ability to project a sustainable authority there.  I could see something like that taking shape in multiple areas.

This is my best case scenario - a Federal government that looses effectiveness to the point where no one is afraid to not pay taxes, or drill for oil, or engage in any number of forbidden activities because they are confident that they will either never be prosecuted, or if they are,  they can make it go away for a nominal sum, and failing that, a well placed bullet.  Authority returns to the State and possibly in some cases the County, and neither do a damn thing to help the feds.
It would be  a far cry from a law and order based Republic like that our Founder's envisioned, but  we no longer have a population that is smart enough or moral enough to sustain such a framework.

But I suspect that those invested in the Fed will not let it quietly pass away. They will either try to hold it together with a foreign war , or they will go full police state - or more likely - both. Get the fighting age men overseas to be killed and then subdue the remainder staying home. .   I will not allow either of my children to fight -  not over this Fundamentally transformed 3rd world POS Obamanation ( and no that doesn't change under a President Trump or a President Hillary) - and I don't think I will send  them out of the country  to avoid the draft either.. If they want to fight me over my kids they can do it right here at home and take the bullets coming to them for trying. If they allow an (armed) invasion here  - of ISLAM, UN Peace Keepers, Black Nationalists, or whatever, well, I have plenty of ammo for everyone, and the government is every bit as much of a foe in that conflict as the "invaders"   -- Perhaps I will be the only one-- but I doubt it. The Fed will push to the point where they can take the gloves off at home, Race War ! We need Martial Law!  Islamic Terrorists everywhere! We need martial law and NAZI check points!  To keep you safe! All while doing whatever they can to place you and yours in more danger...

and that will push us into civil war if we want one or not.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
Frankly the number of scenarios where the Fedcoats go fascist on the civilian population are more numerous and thus more likely than not.  In the above narrative I could see a despot reaching a deal with a foreign power to help crush rebellious pockets in the indigenous population in return for natural resources.

But whatever, I will never submit to any tyranny, I will never submit to any Satanic cult, I will never be anybody's slave...I will fight evil and die if necessary...but while I live I will live free, period.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.