Author Topic: Trump's VP pick appears to be Gov. Pence of Indiana  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Trump's VP pick appears to be Gov. Pence of Indiana
« on: July 14, 2016, 12:51:48 PM »
Indications are that Trump is choosing Indiana governor Mike Pence as his running mate.  What are your thoughts?  I don't think it's going to hurt Trump, and it might salve some of the #NeverTrump crybabies, so I guess on that score he could have done a lot worse.  I just don't really know a lot about Pence.

An even-keeled Midwesterner might be a good balance to Trump's bombastic NYC style.  And ultimately the VP seldom ends up being a make-or-break thing anyway.  Any major red flags with this pick?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Trump's VP pick appears to be Gov. Pence of Indiana
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:07:08 PM »
There was a time when I thought of Pence as presidential material. That was in the Before Time, when I thought that being a Republican was the same as being a conservative; when I used to blame Republican shortcomings on Democrats and RiNOs.

Now I don't know what to think about anybody. I just want Jesus or a meteor to sort it all out.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gov-mike-pence-continues-defend-religious-freedom-law#56627

While insisting his state’s “religious freedom” law does not discriminate, Indiana’s Republican Gov. Mike Pence on Tuesday buckled to pressure from gay rights groups and an array of businesses and announced he would ask lawmakers to come up with a fix for the controversial measure.

“I do believe that moving legislation this week that would make it clear this law does not give businesses a right to deny services to anyone would be appropriate,” Pence told reporters at a press conference in Indianapolis.

“This law does not give anyone a license to discriminate,” he added. “It is simply a balancing test used by our federal courts and jurisdictions across the country for more than two decades.” Pence mentioned former President Bill Clinton six times during his speech. In 1993, Clinton signed a federal law that the governor says mirrors the measure in Indiana.

Pence asked for the General Assembly to present clarified legislation to him by Friday.

The usual suspects applied the usual pressure - "moral" and economic -- and he caved, just like they always cave.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »
Sad days all around.

Pence is a "safe bet" - at a time when we need hail marys. Fortunately my expectations are already in the cellar so......

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
  He is a safe bet I was more concened that he would go for Christie
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
I don't care who it is. I'm not sure it's enough to make me vote for Trump.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
An obvious bone thrown to the E-GOP, which is stupid...nothing Trump does is going to please them, it's like Pubbies caving to Dems, does that ever get a positive return or more favorable treatment by their puppets in the mother frenching media?  No!  A wasted pick.  His first major decision and he voted present.  I would have taken someone who scares Progs and Pubbies sh*tless.

Oh well. 

No biggie though, it's always about the top of the ticket.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »
Anybody watching the convention?  I haven't.

Saw this story though - “That’s their choice if they don’t want to be part of the narrative, if they don’t want to be part of the future,”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ivanka-trump-reacts-gop-leaders-attending-republican-national/story?id=40664370

Yeah, swell.  But that narrative includes a bone thrown to the E-GOP in picking Pence as Veep, a bone that they are likely not to pay much attention to.

Just sayin'...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 10:06:23 AM »
I can see why he did it though.  It's an effort to try and keep all the bellyachers like whats-his-face over at Moonbattery from staying home and getting high on their righteous indignation.  Independents already split in his favor.  If he was to achieve anything with a VP pick, it needs to be within the party.

Will it work?  Who knows.  I don't think people really care that much about VPs one way or the other.

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »
I can see why he did it though.  It's an effort to try and keep all the bellyachers like whats-his-face over at Moonbattery from staying home and getting high on their righteous indignation.

You mean these guys?

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »
I watched some of the convention. It will be nice to have a first lady who is hot. Small kudos to Hannity and a few other Fox news guys. They had on the families of those soldiers who were killed by this administration. I found them to be 1000% believable. When she said panetta grabbed her face and promised her the truth...only to be fed the video caused this by Clinton, panetta, Obama...Disgraceful.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
Yeah, I've posted a few times about that one mother who lost her son to the Bloody Bitch of Benghazi as well as the one guy who made it out...

Obama, Clinton, Holder...all of them...have lots and lots of blood on their hands!

But outside of a small but significant group of like-minded Liberty folk most latter-day American's don't seem to give a shyt one way or the other...about this or anything of substance and consequence... 

To paraphrase Patton...God, I hate the 21st century...

ETA - You see the response to Pat Smith by this Progressive Scum Sucking Fascist Puke?

http://www.weaselzippers.us/284533-journalist-and-sports-blogger-nathaniel-friedman-wishes-that-benghazi-mom-pat-smith-was-beaten-to-death/

Yeah, that's what passes for class in Prog circles...

I think Prog circles is a other name for toilets...

But on the plus side...if God forbid! Hitlery wins...more Special Operators in our camp vs the Fedcoat camp -

http://www.weaselzippers.us/284553-benghazi-survivor-says-special-operators-will-leave-the-military-if-clinton-gets-elected/

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:57:47 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 09:40:33 AM »

ETA - You see the response to Pat Smith by this Progressive Scum Sucking Fascist Puke?

http://www.weaselzippers.us/284533-journalist-and-sports-blogger-nathaniel-friedman-wishes-that-benghazi-mom-pat-smith-was-beaten-to-death/

This is a prime example of why I'd like to see dueling come back.  It served as an important social regulator.  POS scumbags who spew vile and profane slanders can be called out for all to see.  Dueling existed in an era of real men, honorable men.  Ankle biters like this would have been officially relegated to lower standing, something less than full men.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

This is a prime example of why I'd like to see dueling come back.  It served as an important social regulator.  POS scumbags who spew vile and profane slanders can be called out for all to see.  Dueling existed in an era of real men, honorable men.  Ankle biters like this would have been officially relegated to lower standing, something less than full men.

You're singing my song...leaving a jackass like this dead on a sidewalk bleeding everywhere would serve as a good reminder of what happens to people when they are held accountable for the things they say and do!