Author Topic: A Liberal Viewpoint on the coming Civil War  (Read 1464 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
A Liberal Viewpoint on the coming Civil War
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
H/T from Sipsey Street Irregulars.

http://gawker.com/who-will-win-the-upcoming-civil-war-1783675459

Tyrant Biggles
Hamilton Nolan
7/15/16 2:41pm

When trolling the Right wing boards I like to ask the commenters pining for the civil war to begin two questions.

1) Have they made a list of liberal friends, neighbors, family and co-workers that should put up against the wall when everything falls apart?

2) When they receive that fateful call to arms and step out the door who do they plan to shoot first?

So far none of them have thought that far ahead.

Yeah, because we are dumb enough to tell random strangers on the internet our plans.  Both the article and the comments are a hoot.

Sarcastro4
Tyrant Biggles
7/15/16 3:18pm

Ask them which they’ll plan to shoot first: the police they love to revere, or the troops they love to revere? Because those will be the first two groups tasked with keeping order.

Um, yeah,  maybe you guys don't get the concept of Civil War?  The Civil Authority is no longer recognized as having Authority, and those boys in Green and Blue just might refuse to get shot over your fool crusade to  turn America into a police state.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:49:23 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: A Liberal Viewpoint on the coming Civil War
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
I had this very discussion with lefties on a local board.

I reminded them of the incident several years ago where they forced the state attorney general to release the voter rolls. Well I obtained a copy of the rolls - complete with political affiliation.

So yes (I say to them) I have my list, and I'm checking it twice.

::devil::

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:21:34 PM »
What I find most frightening is the hubris.. both in the article and in the comments..

I HOPE the article is mostly joking, but its hard to tell these days..

"[the right] are more willing to blindly follow a charismatic leader into battle, leading to a more coherent fighting force. They watch a lot of UFC. They carry the revolutionary zeal of notable groups like the Confederacy and the Nazi Party."

"[the right's] High proportion of rural residents could be a drawback in urban battles, when skills like navigating sidewalks and subways are necessary. Anti-intellectual tendencies could result in hostility towards “outside the box” guerilla tactics. "

I mean - really? Rural people can't figure out the subway or sidewalks? And we reject guerilla tactics? What?

"Mass shootings. Head-on assaults on mosques, quinceanera parties, and college dorms. Lots of gunfire, everywhere. Occasional arson of libraries (they haven’t figured out the internet stuff yet). "

I mean, really you are going to fight a war and not understand your enemy at all. I just hope the author is just trying to make bad stereotype jokes.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:18 PM »
No, you urban idiots will need to leave your sanctuary city once your food runs out. And it will because we rural rubes will control the roads in. Plus, if you haven't got clued in yet, 4/5 of our military, plus police forces, you know, the ones your black lives matter crowd are killing, will not take orders from Hillary. It's a civil war.....pick your side wisely.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:34 PM »
Plus, you will be wearing skinny jeans, have a man bun, and some idiotic designer shirt. I will see your Prius,Subaru, cube, coming.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
The funny thing is, in the big cities,  they will all turn on each other when the food runs out, the "civil" war will be all the people on the same side,  liberals fighting over the crumbs.  No rural person would be any where near a subway or an urban sidewalk.   What a stupid argument. 

When societies fail,  you certainly don't want to be in a city when it does.   The first fights will be in the cities as services fail and food gets scarce.    Yeah,  the fight will eventually move to the countryside,  but the people living there will have the upper hand there.   They will be fortified and will have more weapons to defend themselves.    Most urban people will even have a lot of trouble even getting out to the countryside,  as there will be no bus service.

The safest places after TSHTF,  a remote location.  The urban "survivors" likely won't even make it out to your location if your far enough from an urban area.

Remember when Rome finally fell, the population went from over a million to about ten thousand,  in a matter of a few years.  Imagine Chicago going from 2.7 million to about 30,000 in five years.   I don't think there has ever been a time in history where being in a city during a societal breakdown is to your advantage.

Remember the countryside can stand alone during a crisis,  but no city can stand alone.   Rural people by the nature of being rural makes it possible to get by. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »
You know those scenes of Atlanta in The Walking Dead?  Especially the scenes from a season or two ago, when the event was no longer recent?  Yeah, something like that....
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »

I reminded them of the incident several years ago where they forced the state attorney general to release the voter rolls. Well I obtained a copy of the rolls - complete with political affiliation.

Don't let Pan get a hold of that list or there will be no one left for you.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »

Don't let Pan get a hold of that list or there will be no one left for you.

Y'all got you're own states to pick from - this one's mine ;'}

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 11:37:14 AM »
I really hope (and believe) most run-of-the-mill progs are this stupid...and the more they announce to everyone their credentials for being on the wrong side of Liberty...it just makes pulling that trigger so much easier.

So, all you silly progs out there, don't change one itty bitty bit!

::whoohoo::

::machinegun::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.