Author Topic: Ireland - Raids PRIVATE Pensions to Protect Spending!  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ireland - Raids PRIVATE Pensions to Protect Spending!
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
Another preview of what our own brand of proglodyte thieves no doubt are planning for us!

http://www.businessinsider.com/irish-bombshell-government-raids-private-pensions-to-pay-for-jobs-program-2011-5
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ireland - Raids PRIVATE Pensions to Protect Spending!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
Taxing pensions to "grow the economy".

::bashing::

'Nother whole set of maroons over there.

eta:  That's exactly right, PRIVATE pensions:

The levy will not be applied to pensions in the public sector or to those established for people not resident in the State - a measure to protect the funds industry (snip)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:14:35 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »
Oh, but it's only temporary. Have you ever seen the elusive Temporary Tax before? I think more people have seen the Loch Ness Monster.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
It won't be long before they're going to try this crap here in the US.  Gird your loins, people!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »
Turns out my great grandmother was correct...your money is safer in your mattress....I didn't say it was worth anything, just safer.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:43:18 PM »
It won't be long before they're going to try this crap here in the US.  Gird your loins, people!

If they do, I hope they try before the election.  When my 78 year old Mother is telling me "we need to march on DC", that's a temperature-taker right there.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06:58 PM »

If they do, I hope they try before the election.  When my 78 year old Mother is telling me "we need to march on DC", that's a temperature-taker right there.

I knew things were getting bad when my husband was coming home and telling me what Rush said and his mother started sending me emails on the latest and greatest from DC. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »
Oh, but it's only temporary. Have you ever seen the elusive Temporary Tax before? I think more people have seen the Loch Ness Monster.

I'll see a Yeti driving a Bugatti down Main Street before I ever see Temporary Tax!

::unknowncomic::

They start that crap here, there will be a march on DC the likes of which no living soul has ever seen!  And they won't be going to accept anything less than the unconditional surrender of the feral government!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
We've seen , in our own history , the inarguable fact that "taxes" are permanent and "tax cuts" are temporary .

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »

We have quite a few down here in the swamps and marshes. The biggest problem is the idiots keep voting them back. Evidently a large portion of the population down here has parents that are related.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
Evidently a large portion of the population down here has parents that are related.

No forks in The Ol' Family Tree , eh ?   ;D