Author Topic: Hussein Issues Regulations Against Gunsmiths By Fiat  (Read 1175 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Hussein Issues Regulations Against Gunsmiths By Fiat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:45:47 AM »
executive order....after executive order.....Man, there is a lot to undo.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
Gunsmith has a mfg's license.  He has been mulling over whether to make the switch to a dealer's license --- it's a lesser license in terms of permissions -- but the cost for the license is higher.

He just now told me that if/when anybody switches licenses or declines to renew, one must turn in one's logbooks to the ATF.  In those logbooks are names/addresses/firearm serial # of all weapons sold or repaired.

As for Obongo's EO .... this is in line with complying with the UN's Small Arms Treaty, which, iirc, the Senate has not ratified.

We may be out of time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

He just now told me that if/when anybody switches licenses or declines to renew, one must turn in one's logbooks to the ATF.  In those logbooks are names/addresses/firearm serial # of all weapons sold or repaired.

Oh, but there's no registration.  /sarc
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 02:12:09 PM »
Gunsmith has a mfg's license.  He has been mulling over whether to make the switch to a dealer's license --- it's a lesser license in terms of permissions -- but the cost for the license is higher.

As for Obongo's EO .... this is in line with complying with the UN's Small Arms Treaty, which, iirc, the Senate has not ratified.

We may be out of time.

Whoa....I'm going to guess, with this new executive order, a lot of people in your husbands situation will give up their license....and now their logs? That's scary.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 03:31:38 PM »
Scary some ......... and infuriating.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:47 PM »
"I deleted approximately 30,000 pages but they were about yoga and my grandchildren and certainly not classified."

"I'm sure you understand"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:23 AM »
"I deleted approximately 30,000 pages but they were about yoga and my grandchildren and certainly not classified."

"I'm sure you understand"

Brilliant!

::cool::

And to the validity of the EO...I think this is a massive overreach of authority let alone interpretation of the term "manufacturer"...Obama's Clintonesque "is" moment...not to mention patterning anything after an illegitimate unratified Unnecessary Nations treaty that Hitler and Stalin would be orgasmic over is completely un-American and unconstitutional...but we've been betrayed so many times it is hard to know what the count is...

Bottom line, this Intolerable Act is begging to be dicked with in every way possible, it is why 'Soup's suggestion is so spot-on!  It should be ignored, challenged and defied!!!

And yes, we should never had given the government the right to private gun ownership information, EVER!  The Founders would be furious that people could be so stupid as to allow something like that!

This must be violently opposed, period!  This is an illegitimate decree, it should be fought by any and all means.

"...Shall not be infringed."!!!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.