Author Topic: A rare instance where routine Prog criminality didn't go unpunished - PA AG Kane  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
"Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane was convicted Monday..., a jury of six men and six women found her guilty of all charges: two counts of perjury and seven misdemeanor counts of abusing the powers of her office."

"The jury deliberated for 41/2 hours before pronouncing Kane's guilt in a verdict that her lawyer, Gerald Shargel, called 'a crushing blow.' He vowed to appeal. Shargel said no decision had been made about whether Kane would resign from office. Gov. Wolf, who had called for Kane to resign after her arrest, said Monday night that she should now do so immediately.

"Montgomery County Court Judge Wendy Demchick-Alloy ordered Kane to surrender her passport by noon Tuesday. While allowing Kane to remain free on her own recognizance, the judge barred her from retaliating against witnesses and said that if she did so, she would be jailed."

"The judge set no date for sentencing, but said it would take place within 90 days."

"Under the state constitution, Kane must resign from office by the day of her sentencing. While Kane faces a maximum sentence of 28 years, state sentencing guidelines call for a far less severe sentence for someone like her with no criminal record. "

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160816_Jury__A_G__Kane_guilty_of_perjury__obstruction__all_other_charges.html?mobi=true

Still, pretty lenient treatment by this judge, think a non-prog would be treated so well?  No, me neither.  And no doubt the sentencing will be light.

This is about as good as the corrupt justice system gets in latter day America...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Huh.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/289925-pa-democratic-ag-quits-on-heels-of-perjury-conviction/

The DemonRat Party must have given her the "or else" speech.

I read that, by law, she had to resign by sentencing time. I'm shocked that she has chosen this time to start following the law! Shrillary won't be pleased to see such a departure from the Clinton Criminal Conformance

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Huh.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/289925-pa-democratic-ag-quits-on-heels-of-perjury-conviction/

The DemonRat Party must have given her the "or else" speech.

I read that, by law, she had to resign by sentencing time. I'm shocked that she has chosen this time to start following the law! Shrillary won't be pleased to see such a departure from the Clinton Criminal Conformance

The CCC...FDR groaning or applauding?  Probably the latter, probably eager to see Hillary in Hell.