Author Topic: BBC wrong to fire Clarkson, says former director-general  (Read 3034 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
BBC wrong to fire Clarkson, says former director-general
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-wrong-to-fire-clarkson-says-former-director-general-5cp0prpcj#top

No shyt, Sherlock?! 

::bus::

I barely watched any of the retooled version...lazy bastards kept the same format, same studio, same track...and threw douchebags in it doing the same self-narrated test drives of vehicles the original crew did and they even kept The Stig...it suck A and swallowed!

The crew of Clarkson, Hammond and May was brilliant.  They liked cars, they didn't care about PC crap, they did their thing and enjoyed teasing and messing with each other and came up with some of the best gags, gimmicks, schticks, routines and dialogues that have ever been allowed on television...it should never have changed, period.  I don't care if Clarkson or the others beat the crap out of some suit, heck, I'm disappointed none of that was caught on tape!

Big shock the new show sank like a rotted carcass!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: BBC wrong to fire Clarkson, says former director-general
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:42:09 PM »
Yes, the show with the original crew was great.  There's a good one where they came to the USA and Clarkson got taken up in an F-15.  He thought he knew what acceleration was before, but it was nothing compared to an afterburner takeoff.  The F-15 can do a tail stand as soon as it gets off the ground and break the sound barrier going straight up!  That is acceleration!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:41:24 PM »
My absolute favorite Top Gear. Rock on you guys - wherever you are and whatever you do!

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »
Yes, the show with the original crew was great.  There's a good one where they came to the USA and Clarkson got taken up in an F-15.  He thought he knew what acceleration was before, but it was nothing compared to an afterburner takeoff.  The F-15 can do a tail stand as soon as it gets off the ground and break the sound barrier going straight up!  That is acceleration!

Boyd's E-M ratio in action...he didn't get all he wanted in that design but most of what he was after.  The F-15 is one of the most reliable high-performing multi-mission fighters ever made.

::thumbsup::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
My absolute favorite Top Gear. Rock on you guys - wherever you are and whatever you do!

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo

I loved the indoor scenes in that segment.   ::hysterical::

Following the link, the Reliant Robin and Peel50 were pretty good too, and most of the racing ones with the guys were fun too...the one with the vehicle turned into a space shuttle was hilarious.  And I liked most of the road trip ones too.  But the episodes with the East Bloc cars had me rolling, the dialogue, the horsesh*t communist product...those were a fricken riot!

Most episodes had moments where I would laugh my butt off, some more than others.  It was a fabulous series while it lasted.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
Clarkson has greatly underrated comedic skills. Far better than most nearly any of the current crop of so-called comedians available on the boob-toob.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
That's what bites about the demise of that show...there are literally very few decent shows to watch, there is so much insufferable dreck flooding the airwaves...when a good one goes millions of people check out of the medium...it has to kick them right in the advertiser revenue crotch!

It is really getting harder and harder to justify any live tv costs for the average consumer...it's almost like they've given up...soon the award-wining movie "Ass" will be on all channels...

::unknowncomic::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
There's another good one where they see what it takes to destroy a Toyota pickup.  They did all kinds of crazy stuff.  I think they even had it on the upper floor of a building being imploded and it survived.  They also had it rolling through the surf at a beach.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:07:16 AM »
There's another good one where they see what it takes to destroy a Toyota pickup.  They did all kinds of crazy stuff.  I think they even had it on the upper floor of a building being imploded and it survived.  They also had it rolling through the surf at a beach.

Yeah, that went on for quite a while as I recall.

The road trips where they would dick with each others vehicles...cross wires etc were always hilarious too.  Big kids with money and time to burn...what a swell gig to have!

What was the critter they winched up the side of a dam?  Land Rover?  It was Hammond and he loves Land Rover's...and Porsche's.  If there is ever a deal on a complete dvd set of that show I will probably shell out for it, watching those again will be better than just about anything  spewing out live tv today...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:10:39 AM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »
Big kids with money and time to burn...what a swell gig to have!

Where do I send my resume?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
Big kids with money and time to burn...what a swell gig to have!

Where do I send my resume?

Nowhere now...BBC bleeped it all up!   ::pullhair::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 09:06:25 AM »
As Britain goes deeper into the pooper...their radical leftist bullsh*ttery is still going after folks...

I thought I posted on this before, maybe it was the PJW video that first came out on the former royal twits twatter...

Anyway...

Butthurt thin-skinned Commie pukes still coming after Clarkson...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/clarkson-fights-back-goes-offensive-against-woke-take-over

What are the odds a Brit media elite will go direction-wise?   ::)