Author Topic: Obama's Treasury Dept Busts Through Debt Ceiling  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline michelleo

Re: Obama's Treasury Dept Busts Through Debt Ceiling
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Debt ceiling?  What debt ceiling?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:11 PM »
Law?

Congress?

What Law?

What Congress?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
Debt ceiling?  What debt ceiling?

Yea, in reality, there isn't one.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
Can it be any more obvious that the Leftists intend to create a fiscal crisis in service of their agenda to destroy this country with the intention of re-creating it?

In my mind this is treason, worthy of the constitutionally proscribed penalty.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »
No to the first, yes to the second.

Sadly, the number of citizens recognizing either is woefully inadequate to say the least!

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »

These "citizens" don't recognize anything unless it is breathlessly repeated several times for several days.
This information will be conveyed as business a usual against radicals that want to drive the nation into default.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
Treason? No, I don't think so. It's just politics. The question is whether or not the Republicans will get suckered into doing something stupid. Like voting to raise the debt ceiling.

The fact that the world has not ended since this morning should give them some cover on standing firm, though.

I wonder if Lawrence O'Donnell has wet himself yet? He was going berserk on the night of the election last year demanding to know what the Republicans were going to do about the debt ceiling. It was like some kind of psychotic episode. Very bizarre.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 05:14:55 PM »
No.  Treason is not that to which I refer.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
No.  Treason is not that to which I refer.

One would think they are pouring gasoline but too many are unaware; it won't burn until there is a mass spontaneous combustion.

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 04:50:32 AM »
It turns out , to the chagrin of Stymies team , that a majority of Americans are not that worried about not immediately raising the debt ceiling ... despite the warnings of dire consequences .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
That may be true, but they still trot Turbo Timmy out to say if it is not raised the eeeevil Repub's will push us into a double-dip...which is to say Treasury, Fed, CEA, OMB, CBO & the rest of the alphabet soups probably think the risk of a double-dip is already pretty high and it hurts The Regime not a bit to pin the blame on the Repub's now so that if the double-dip comes (that it is purely a result of Obamanomics will be rendered moot by The Regime and their water-carriers in the MFM!) they can merely point to their prescient warning and say "See I told you so!"...it's all about blame...that's all these children have to offer...blame!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »
That may be true, but they still trot Turbo Timmy out to say if it is not raised the eeeevil Repub's will push us into a double-dip...which is to say Treasury, Fed, CEA, OMB, CBO & the rest of the alphabet soups probably think the risk of a double-dip is already pretty high and it hurts The Regime not a bit to pin the blame on the Repub's now so that if the double-dip comes (that it is purely a result of Obamanomics will be rendered moot by The Regime and their water-carriers in the MFM!) they can merely point to their prescient warning and say "See I told you so!"...it's all about blame...that's all these children have to offer...blame!

Little timmy needs a fall guy...and it is always republicans...the libs need to prop up this economy until the next election. Is QE 3 far away? Or libs may not call it QE3, but the result will be the same.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
Little timmy needs a fall guy...and it is always republicans...the libs need to prop up this economy until the next election. Is QE 3 far away? Or libs may not call it QE3, but the result will be the same.

Sell the Gold!
http://www.nysun.com/national/selling-gold-at-fort-knox-emerges-as-next-big/87350/

I have to ask.. what makes anyone think they haven't already sold the gold?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Law?

Congress?

What Law?

What Congress?

Both meaningless to this guy!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

Sell the Gold!
http://www.nysun.com/national/selling-gold-at-fort-knox-emerges-as-next-big/87350/

I have to ask.. what makes anyone think they haven't already sold the gold?

Paul, on more than one occasion, has said he doesn't think it's there and also said he would like an audit. He's pushing on the same button with this request.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Paul, on more than one occasion, has said he doesn't think it's there and also said he would like an audit. He's pushing on the same button with this request.

Actually its probably there, just encumbered - leased to other parties..