Author Topic: School installs cameras in cafeteria to record students' food choices  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
H/T: Moonbattery

The Federal government has approved a grant for $2 million in imaginary money to the San Antonio school system for the purpose of installing cameras in an elementary school's cafeteria. The cameras will automatically take images of the students' trays in the lunch line, and another series of images when they return their trays. From the images, it will calculate the food choices and total calories, then from the images of the returned tray it will calculate how many calories were consumed.

As Moonbattery puts it:

The kids will be paying for this themselves — plus interest, of course — since the money for this totalitarian lunacy was no doubt borrowed from the communist Chinese.

The point? Social engineering, as usual:

Researchers hope parents will change eating habits at home once they see what their kids are choosing in schools.

What they don't change voluntarily will eventually be changed for them by force — for their own good, of course.

I think one of the commenters there hit on another, even more insidious motive:

However, there may be a more sinister reason for the lunch camera. It would accustom the student to having every aspect of his behavior recorded, analyzed and acted upon. they are being trained for the yoke.

More here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/11/in-texas-elementary-schools-a-pictures-worth-1000-/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Students are assigned lunch trays with a unique bar code. After the children load up their plates down the line - mashed potatoes or green beans? french fries or fruit? - a camera above the cashier takes a picture of each tray.

Assigned trays?

French fries or fruit?! 

Gawdamn these people!  French fries are potatoes!  They're FOOD too!  The carrying on over these "choices" has reached the hysterical.

Enough! already!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Don't get me started.

My companies health plan makes us jump through hoops to earn cash bonuses and lower premiums for taking "health ed" seminars...I took "Nutrition" as a lesser of many evils...I wonder if they can smell the evil burger and fries on my breath as I enter the room?

Screw 'em.

I'll go tho their crap and leave same way I entered!

I already passed their invasive tobbaco test, I celebrated that evening with another stogie, nazi bastards!

They keep herding us into more and more bullsplattery each year, and this is only the third year of the new plan...next year I foresee telling them to stick it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Forget wasting money on cameras--LOOK IN THE GARBAGE CANS!

Of course, this is just another way to monitor people--it's not about teaching kids to eat healthy. ::gaah:: ::gaah:: ::gaah::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

It would be a significant study if conducted by scientists for non-political analysis.

Back in the day we were taught homeostasis would rule the lunch line.  In other words, if children were allowed to eat anything they wanted they would ultimately eat a balanced diet.  

Don't worry be happy and don't pick on Johnny with the dodge ball at recess.

Offline michelleo

Makes.Me.Sick.