Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ryder Cup
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:09:26 PM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/298871-americans-win-their-first-ryder-cup-since-2008/

The matches especially yesterday were fun to watch...the McIlroy/Reed tilt was fun (won by Reed) as was the Mickelson/Garcia was good too...late Captain's pick Ryan Moore coming back from down 2 to beat Westwood and clinch the team win...

Good stuff!

::cool::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »
I like watching the Ryder Cup. Patrick Reed played as well as anyone. I've never seen so many people turn out for a golf event. Great golf, a little "happy Gilmore" feel from the crowd and a victory.....It's still ok if we win? Isn't it? lol
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
Yeah, they kept saying the crowds were never louder than here in Minnie...could be a wee bit o beer chugging going on, so yeah...the Happy Gilmore feel probably isn't entirely unjustified...

OK or or not Don, was still fun to watch...nice not seeing the American boys puke and choke...

And...I don't think Phil's criticism's of past approaches was wrong...different era...old-timers back then knew everybody approached things in similar fashion...didn't translate to new generations raised on stats, computers, film, swing doctors, etc etc...big surprise...LOL!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.