Author Topic: Democrats Admit Their Gas Bill Will Not Cut Gas Prices  (Read 1543 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Democrats Admit Their Gas Bill Will Not Cut Gas Prices
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:31:55 AM »
Democrats admitted this week that their tax bill will not cut gas prices at all…
They just want to take more profit from the private sector.

SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-MT): “You know, this is not going to change the price at the gasoline pump. That’s not the issue.  I don’t see that as an issue at all. The issue I see is who shares.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Hearing, 5/12/11)

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY): “This was never intended to talk about lowering prices.” (CNN’s “The Situation Room,” 5/11/11)

::guillotine::

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Democrats Admit Their Gas Bill Will Not Cut Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:01:16 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:21:32 AM »
I wonder what made them break down and tell the truth for a change ? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop ... ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:25:37 AM »
They tell the truth when they think few to none will hear.

In this case, knowing what they intend for the oil companies will not lower gas prices, they're doing some preliminary ground-work to ward off the screaming from the public.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:31:06 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »
They might as well come right out and say, "Its was never about lowering gas prices. It was about using high gas prices to demonize oil producers so we could raid their profits to bloat government."

Sharing. Phhht. Leftists are such pieces of sh*t.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Democrats admitted this week that their tax bill will not cut gas prices at all…
They just want to take more profit from the private sector.

SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-MT): “You know, this is not going to change the price at the gasoline pump. That’s not the issue.  I don’t see that as an issue at all. The issue I see is who shares.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Hearing, 5/12/11)

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY): “This was never intended to talk about lowering prices.” (CNN’s “The Situation Room,” 5/11/11)

::guillotine::

So just who does this stupid SOB think will be "who shares"? That it somehow won't be the end consumer at the gas pump?

Just in case there was any doubt, it is now clear that their intent is to target one industry after another, making it impossible for that industry to operate and remain solvent, thus paving the way for nationalization.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly