Author Topic: Oh oh...new barbaric evil liquid discovered offshore in Alaska!  (Read 1921 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Oh oh...new barbaric evil liquid discovered offshore in Alaska!
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:13:56 AM »
http://iotwreport.com/offshore-arctic-oil-discovery-could-rank-among-alaskas-biggest-ever/

Maybe should have kept that news quiet until after the election...if the tsunami against Clinton/Obama overwhelmed the epic levels of fraud, theft and corruption maybe it would be good news for the country...otherwise it will be punished out of existence.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Oh oh...new barbaric evil liquid discovered offshore in Alaska!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:48:32 AM »
I think evidence is mounting that the theory of fossil fuel is not the entire explanation.  The Russians discovered decades ago that oil can be produced by geological forces, and is not exclusively the result of finite amounts of ancient biomatter.  IOW, the Earth is continuously making it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
  Good for them.  Soon they will be riding camels.   ::curtsy4::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:03:26 PM »
Something new for the polar bears to eat...everybody wins!

Except progs...eff them anyway!   ;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
I think evidence is mounting that the theory of fossil fuel is not the entire explanation.  The Russians discovered decades ago that oil can be produced by geological forces, and is not exclusively the result of finite amounts of ancient biomatter.  IOW, the Earth is continuously making it.

Not only that, but technological improvements are making it easier to find and more practical to extract. The idea that we're going to "run out" of crude oil is becoming a joke.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »

Not only that, but technological improvements are making it easier to find and more practical to extract. The idea that we're going to "run out" of crude oil is becoming a joke.

I also read that the Navy has been experimenting with making fuel at sea out of....seawater.  Not sure what the chemistry is, but apparently with the nuclear reactor on an aircraft carrier they can break water molecules down and assemble them into hydrocarbons by combining with the carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater.  Doesn't sound like it would be economically viable for general use, but for an aircraft carrier out in the middle of the ocean it could make them almost entirely independent of resupply.  They could keep their birds fueled without needing a tender or having to return to port.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/fuel-seawater-whats-catch-180953623
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 07:13:14 AM »

I also read that the Navy has been experimenting with making fuel at sea out of....seawater.  Not sure what the chemistry is, but apparently with the nuclear reactor on an aircraft carrier they can break water molecules down and assemble them into hydrocarbons by combining with the carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater.  Doesn't sound like it would be economically viable for general use, but for an aircraft carrier out in the middle of the ocean it could make them almost entirely independent of resupply.  They could keep their birds fueled without needing a tender or having to return to port.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/fuel-seawater-whats-catch-180953623

A little model airplane is one thing...a fully functional carrier another.  I don't know how much space is required for this process or if there are other requirements requiring space/resources and how that integrates without hampering the basic operating mission of that type of platform...but to me it almost seems like the process sounds like it would have to be continuous or you would risk limiting operational effectiveness...and does the demand of combat render the process idle or not...does it drain nuclear fuel faster than normal operations.  It's a nice idea, but they are on step 3 of a million step process.  If I had to guess even if this is feasible...it is likely 4-5 decades out before anything could be operational.