Author Topic: Power station blown off the grid in rural Utah with three rifle shots  (Read 3736 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
In 2014, we asked, “What can a mere rifle do?” in reference to a standoff attack on a Pacific Gas and Electric power substation in Metcalf, California.

The answer, in that case, was to blow the transformers to hell and gone, and bug out. To date, there has been no arrest in the case; at one time, a DHS official suggested it was an inside job. There have been subsequent attacks, despite attempts to upgrade security; indeed, once, criminals cut through a fence and made off with equipment that was on site — for security upgrades.

Now, there’s been a new rifle attack on a station, in rural Utah. It appears to have been less sophisticated and less persistent than the California attack, but more effective — the attacker or attackers blew the station off the grid with as few as three rifle shots.

... “Just from the looks of it, it looked more criminal than vandalism because they knew exactly where to shoot it and they shot it multiple times in the same spot,” Brown said. “For somebody to know exactly where that substation is and how to hit it exactly like he did, (it) seems like he’d have to have knowledge of that.”

... We’ve done the math on transformer production and delivery. (A former contract shop studied this exact problem for a government agency, long before the Metcalf attack). Let’s just say you really, really don’t want someone with some CARVER skills and experience deciding to play silly buggers with your power grid.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=35499

H/T American Digest
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:23:02 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Power station blown off the grid in rural Utah with three rifle shots
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:27:08 AM »
More probing?  Whose side?

Seems like there is some pre-planning in the works.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 08:55:26 AM »
Probably a proof-of-concept experiment.  Even if your target takes action to prevent future exploits, you still "win" by forcing a diversion of resources and undermining public faith in the authoritahs.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
OEM officials said the root cause of the blackout is not yet known, but it was not due to extensive power use on the hot summer day.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/07/13/massive-power-outage-manhattan/

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/major-power-outage-strikes-midtown-upper-west-side

More "probing"?   ::whatgives::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I'm having a lot of difficulty working up any concern for New Yawk.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I agree Alan, but we can chuckle at their discomfort...getting a snort out of this -

But previous probing concern...irritating and unexpected to see prog-hives being the proving grounds for actions that could potentially affect those of us not deserving them.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I do not think this was Iran but if the crap hits the fan it will be.
I said ten years ago that Iran likely placed sleeper cells in the US in the event the US attacked Iran. They cannot match the US in many ways militarily and they know it. They would fight back the best ways they could. I shudder to think what a competent Iranian could do in the US in a single city or region with pre planned targets.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I do not think this was Iran but if the crap hits the fan it will be.
I said ten years ago that Iran likely placed sleeper cells in the US in the event the US attacked Iran. They cannot match the US in many ways militarily and they know it. They would fight back the best ways they could. I shudder to think what a competent Iranian could do in the US in a single city or region with pre planned targets.

It's been this way since Reagan was betrayed by lying demonazi scum and even worse by the Establishment/CoC traitors in the GOP with that amnesty crap!  And those two camps have stabbed us in the back time and time again on illegal immigration issues and securing our borders...

Sleeper cells!

Just who the frack DOESN'T have sleeper cells here by now?!?!?!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::machinegun::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »