Author Topic: WH OBL Story Changes...Again  (Read 849 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: WH OBL Story Changes...Again
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »
I'm betting there was video made -- the remote feed to the CIA or whatever was just cut off.

Holder's intent on prosecuting the CIA agents who did the waterboarding during the Bush administration; this is common knowledge.  WTF would they want to give him any more ammo for in the case of the SEALs.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:55:03 AM »
That's a good point.  Panetta, despite being a Clinton political hack, has been good about protecting his turf and his agents, especially those in the field.  Cutting Obamakov off the feed during this op would keep his people safe.  But that assumes the "officials" reviewing this data aren't political hacks and don't go running to Erica Holder and say "OMG they slaughtered unarmed extremists, we need some courts martial to cover our phony baloney butts"!  But if Leon did cut the WH out of the op, it kind of puts in perspective Duh Wun's desire to replace Panetta with Petraeus.  The Dear Leader must think he can better control the General than 'ol Leon.  But I don't see Leon leaving voluntarily, so he'll be forced to sack him, and that could really poison relations even more with the folks on The Hill (not to mention Langley!).  This is turning into a world class fustercluck.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »

I just read last night that each team member had a helmet cam and there is video of all of it and they are working to sort it out.  It was a Drudge link.  CNN, I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.kaj18.com/news/gates-seals-who-killed-bin-laden-are-concerned-for-their-safety/
The Department of Defense is looking into ways to “pump up the security” for the team of Navy SEALs who helped kill Osama bin Laden ...
“We are very concerned about the security of our families — of your families and our troops, and also these elite units that are engaged in things like that. And without getting into any details . . . I would tell you that when I met with the team last Thursday, they expressed a concern about that, and particularly with respect to their families,” Gates told the audience.

“Frankly, a week ago Sunday, in the Situation Room, we all agreed that we would not release any operational details from the effort to take out bin Laden. That all fell apart on Monday, the next day.” ...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
“Frankly, a week ago Sunday, in the Situation Room, we all agreed that we would not release any operational details from the effort to take out bin Laden. That all fell apart on Monday, the next day.” ...

For that I think we can thank the Limelight-Hog In Chief...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »

For that I think we can thank the Limelight-Hog In Chief...

YA THINK!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie