Author Topic: Looks like a challenge to me!  (Read 1124 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Looks like a challenge to me!
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
A recent Harvard study of the demographics of gun ownership in the United States yielded a fairly shocking discovery, namely the emergence of the Obama gun "Super Owner."  The study, entitled "The Stock and Flow of US Firearms: Results from the 2015 National Firearms Survey", was conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health and found that just 14% of all gun owners, or 7.6mm adults and 3% of the total U.S. population, possessed 50% of all guns owned by civilians in the country.  Moreover, with a total stock of 270mm civilian-owned guns in the U.S., that implies that these "super owners" possess an average of nearly 18 guns per person.

Gun owning respondents owned an average of 4.85 firearms (range: 1-140); the median gun owner reported owning approximately two guns. As can be seen in Figure 3, approximately half (48%) of gun owners report owning 1 or 2 guns, accounting for 14% of the total US gun stock, while those who own 10 or more guns (8% of all gun owners), own 39% of the gun stock. Put another way, one half of the gun stock (~130 million guns) is owned by approximately 86% of gun owners, while the other half is owned by 14% of gun owners (14% of gun owners equals 7.6 million adults, or 3% of the adult US population).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-25/obama-gun-super-owner-new-study-finds-50-guns-owned-3-population

Harvard, eh?  Uhh huh.

Well, OK...at face value I accept the challenge...I am not far from the magic number...so 3% here I come!

Sure hope those boating accidents subside!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Looks like a challenge to me!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
"Super Owner" ....... bwahah.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »
Yeah I saw this.  It flies in the face of the popularity of CCW all across the country.  It flies in the face of gun control being political poison for the Democrats since 1994.

It's total BS.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
Yeah I saw this.  It flies in the face of the popularity of CCW all across the country.  It flies in the face of gun control being political poison for the Democrats since 1994.

It's total BS.

But now they can argue that  they will only be affecting the rights of 3%  of the population to keep us "safe" - never you  mind that gays make up  less than that - their rights are sacrosanct  - in fact they have a right to  force you to participate in their degenerate sinful sodomy, and to make you say it isn't degenerate or sinful even if you believe it to be so.  But a pox on you for owning a gun and exercising a right that is actually spelled out clearly in our Constitution.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »
They tried pulling the same sort of tactic when that "professor" from Emory University wrote a paper arguing that gun ownership was in fact never prevalent in the US, and that the idea of the armed citizen is an historical inaccuracy that is part of American mythology.  He was busted when it was shown that his source material -- allegedly probate records, estate execution, etc -- were fabricated.  Apparently he cited records from time periods that were known to have been destroyed in the San Francisco earthquake/fire of 1906.

This sort of fraudulent research is par for the course.  And even if it were true, tough sh*t.  My rights are not predicated on popular approval.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly