Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Rigged
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:47 AM »
In what sense is the system rigged?

“So what?” They reply. “We have a free press!”

http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/is-the-system-rigged-you-betcha/

n all, people identified in federal campaign finance filings as journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors — as well as other donors known to be working in journalism — have combined to give more than $396,000 to the presidential campaigns of Clinton and Trump, according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis.

Nearly all of that money — more than 96 percent — has benefited Clinton: About 430 people who work in journalism have, through August, combined to give about $382,000 to the Democratic nominee, the Center for Public Integrity’s analysis indicates.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/10/17/20330/journalists-shower-hillary-clinton-campaign-cash

Probably the same fundraiser...

http://iotwreport.com/wikileaks-journalists-dined-at-top-clinton-staffers-homes-days-before-hillarys-campaign-launch/

Keep your powder...and your ropes...dry.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:52:23 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Rigged
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »
I think this just confirms what we've all known.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »
The media are perhaps the guiltiest of them all.  They have committed the crime of using their position as a defender to defraud the ones they are supposed to defend (i.e. the public's right to information). It's for the same reason that we are especially disgusted by crimes such as priests molesting children, policemen working for organized crime, or military personnel acting as spies for a foreign power. These are all special roles in society where we have given people a special level of trust, and hence a heightened degree of access to our vulnerabilities, with the expectation that they will serve as guardians. When they end up as a fox guarding the hen house, it's a worse violation than the garden variety criminals who are mere opportunists looking for easy pickings.

That's who the media are. Their role in society was considered so essential to protecting the public that our very Constitution makes special provisions for them. They have utterly and unashamedly abused this trust. They are literally destroying an entire civilization, condemning untold millions to who knows what. They are doing this knowing full well what they are doing.  I am not exaggerating when I say that a good many of them deserve to be put to death for what they have done.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 10:18:10 PM »
I am not exaggerating when I say that a good many of them deserve to be put to death for what they have done.

Hmm. Perhaps a process needs to begin where they are made example of. Such a process should, theoretically, include a video taped portion where they are given a chance to tell the truth about what they do. It might take several "takes" and "incentives" before they'd fully confess - but I know that they'd do the right thing in the end - or at least before the[ir] end.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »
If one is trapped within the urban zoo if it happens to hit really sudden...heading to the nearest media outlet and bagging what you can while you can is an entirely justified public service to engage in.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.