Author Topic: Trump Cabinet  (Read 8220 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Trump Cabinet
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:31:12 PM »
I like this -

Rudy Giuliani, the man that many believe Trump will tap for Attorney General, walked a very fine line this morning in responding to a question about whether or not the Obama administration should pardon Hillary Clinton for her numerous alleged crimes.  While noting the obvious intricacies around potentially prosecuted a former political foe, Giuliani noted that "there are deep and disturbing issues there" and that "President Obama should leave it to the system that we all believe in to determine, is she innocent or is she guilty.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-10/rudy-giuliani-addresses-potential-hillary-pardon-president-obama-should-leave-it-sys

Translation - I can't wait to go after this goldmine of corruption, treason and fraud!

Don't forget the others though either...and a RICO case on that bastard Soros would be more than overdue!!!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Trump Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »
I hope what ever he does, he kicks Christie to the curb.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »
I won't be surprised if Barry pardons Hillary. 

I think the best we can hope for is to shut down the Clinton Foundation. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
I hope what ever he does, he kicks Christie to the curb.

And he needs to do it now; the guy should never have been given the authority over the transition team.  Levin said last night he's heard from a high-ranking somebody who knows that Christie's bringing in establishment pukes from the Bush and Romney contingents, effectively voiding the "outsider" ethos that Trump ran on.  Not good.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 06:19:39 PM »
Trump's going to need some establishment people around him.  Remember, he's a complete novice at government.  He needs people who knows how to grease the wheels.

But he needs to remember he's a manager and to keep them in check.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »
There are still enough Reaganites around, and young enough, to show Trump how it's done .... the right way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »

And he needs to do it now; the guy should never have been given the authority over the transition team.  Levin said last night he's heard from a high-ranking somebody who knows that Christie's bringing in establishment pukes from the Bush and Romney contingents, effectively voiding the "outsider" ethos that Trump ran on.  Not good.

And possibly entirely according to plan.
Trump needs to prove that he isn't controlled opposition 2.0 , and using establishment people is going to prove the opposite
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:56:37 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 09:38:51 PM »
Precisely.  He isn't going to get a lot of chances at getting it right from the Right; we've been burned too many times by the eGOP.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »
Yeah, I want wrecking balls!

Put Uncle Ted in charge of Homeland Security.

Put Ron Paul in charge of Treasury.

I want butts kicked and budgets slashed.

I want Obama REMF's and LBGTQWERTYwhateverthefrickenpervs out of the DoD and no more ships named after buttpuppets, racists and DemoNazi's!

But yeah, if "If's" and "But's" were "candy" & "nuts"...everyday would be Christmas! 

So, few of us expected any kind of miracle from a Trump Presidency...we are all intelligent thinking adults here...I don't think we expected a Reagan, we knew damn sure we didn't want another E-GOP hack let alone a corrupt Clinton...at worst we were hoping to get a speedbump, someone to buy us a little more time, time that some us need, especially those with younglings...at best we would get somebody that makes more right decisions than wrong...I don't think anybody thought it was going to be Christmas.

Anyway, here is where we are at, this is what we have to deal with.

Step One is done.

Step Two is having a say in how this Administration is staffed, as that will have a significant say in how Trump makes decisions.

Go here - https://www.greatagain.gov/index.html

Under MAGA are links to major policy positions -

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/defense-national-security.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/immigration.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/energy-independence.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/tax-reformeconomic-vision.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/regulatory-reform.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/trade-reform.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/education.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/transportation-infrastructure.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/financial-services.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/healthcare.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/va-reform.html

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/constitutional-rights.html

And under the Serve America section is a link to apply for non-career positions in the Administration -

https://apply.ptt.gov/

I actually might throw my hat in...what the heck...maybe working in the budget office or my dream job of being allowed to mess with presstitutes! 
 ::angel::

At the very least, contact the team, let them know your thoughts -

https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

I will definitely be doing this as well.  And in order to be heard I think it wise to keep your comments to something under 40-50 words.  Mine will be along the lines of major policy pushes and a cautionary "don't screw the pooch!" sign off.  After all, Trump will have to take those policy positions above and craft one major item to address in each and focus on them, then nibble on other stuff.  Some things like TPP will take care of themselves simply by doing nothing, it's the crap you have to get fricken Congress to do that is hard, getting those feckless bedwetters in line is like herding cats!

And we are not alone in being concerned, Rush is right, screw "unity", that's the bleating cry of the Establishment wanting to have its way still after having been soundly repudiated!, and following through on promises with action is important, it always has been!  You have to take the centerpieces of your victory and exploit them to the hilt, otherwise you'll be a one-and-done.  This election upset was about repudiating the past 8 years and denying the Establishment an extention via Clinton as much if not more than just Clinton being corrupt and wicked...the latter was merely added incentive. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:57:30 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 08:51:38 AM »
I like that Kellyanne Conway is going to be having a position in the Trump Administration, she is sharp and knows her stuff.

I like how Trump is already demonstrating fiscal responsibility by personal example.

The rest of the cabinet...State, Defense especially...needs some nut-crackers.

The next war is lining up -

The Establishment is reforming its forces and the Bag Man for this cabal is sending out enforces for compulsory dues...and the Sith Lords will be coming for Obi-Wan Don and everybody who opposes the Dark Side.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
Fear not, Christie has been dumped.  Trump is described as "disgusted" by Christie's handling of the Bridgegate scandal.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
Hmph, I suspect that's a cover, but no matter, Christie's histrie.  Heh.

Re:  Trump's meet with Obongo, Praetorian Guard spreading stories that require suspension of disbelief:  Trump's aides were unaware WH will need restaffing with Trump people -- huh?!  Conway/Gingrich/Priebus didn't know?  ::snort:: -- Trump surprised at how much effort presidentin' requires ::doublesnort:: and the best "Obama realizes a need to spend more time showing Trump the ropes".

::rolllaughing::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
I think the MSM have had their first dawning realizations that they are irrelevant.  The NY Slimes was forced to admit as much, in a vain effort to claw back some semblance of relevance.

They got virtually nothing right about the election.  Do they really expect anyone to believe that they have any authority to tell us what is going to happen now?

I am not crazy about the Priebus pick, but I can also see Trump calculating that one of the best ways to bring party machinery to heel is appoint its former chairman to a position in his administration.  I would really like to see Ryan fail in his bid to be Speaker again. Don't know if that will happen, but Trump should try to make it happen.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
A point about Priebus: as Trump's Chief of Staff, he can be fired.  Not so sure if Trump can fire him as RNC head, but doesn't the Republican President usually get to choose who fills that position?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »
I'm not expecting a 100%, oh I like all his picks, transition team. I do expect to see Trump telling the establishment types they can either be friends of the administration or an enemy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:50 AM »
A point about Priebus: as Trump's Chief of Staff, he can be fired.  Not so sure if Trump can fire him as RNC head, but doesn't the Republican President usually get to choose who fills that position?

I believe so...it will be interesting to see how the Establishment tries to deal with that.  In historical terms it has never been a true cooperative relationship with whoever runs the general party apparatus...they are either friendly to the POTUS (most often) or the Congress (when they don't have the Executive)...rarely both.

That is where I like the move though...either he helps Trump get his agenda through the Congress, or he gets replaced (just like he replaced campaign chiefs)...and Trump can get somebody in at RNC that works his agenda too.

I agree with G though, it would be nice to see somebody more cooperative with Trump be Speaker (and it would be nice to do better than Mytch in the Senate too! But those collegian inbred bastards are too stupid to change!), one would think congresscritters interested in survival would recognize being against a newly elected President under your banner could be a poor political move...though I suspect the majority of Establishment types will do their usual routine of sounding all nicey nicey about Trump in public...while going about business as usual wherever and whenever they can.  As I said many times before, Trump will have more battles with the E-GOP than he will the Dem's...and in terms of action the latter can be completely ignored anyway...but they will try to bully and threaten the usual weak Susan's in the E-GOP to get their way on certain matters like they always have.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 11:14:52 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »
The Establishment laying it's first card...something should Trump it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
Re; Priebus as Chief of Staff... I think it's a good move. (Dodging as trash and boos are hurled at me from across the room)

If Trump is going to "drain the swamp", there is no one better positioned to know where the drain is and who should be circling it than Reince Priebus. Plus, he has demonstrated throughout this campaign that he can be trusted. He remained relatively neutral during the primary process, when the GOP establishment and many elements of the conservative wing of the party were practically begging him to "do something" about Trump. Then when the voters nominated Trump, he stood by the voters and rejected all the calls for backroom shenanigans from the same people that wanted Trump scuttled in the primaries.

He stayed on the same side of the line as the voters, throughout the whole long process. Plus, he didn't shy away from helping Trump in the winning effort.

Now, there are many things Priebus has been involved in that rightly infuriate us. Chris McDaniel in Mississippi is one example. But buckling to pressure to engineer victory for a dinosaur senate candidate was the easy choice, with little to no consequence, and little upside if he'd have done the right thing and pushed back in favor of McDaniel. His handling of the Trump candidacy was the hard choice, and he came down on the right side of that - and apparently earned the trust of the President Elect as well.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Plus, as I wrote, as Chief of Staff he can be fired .... by Trump.  And Trump gets a lot of the say in who heads the RNC now.

Win/win.