Author Topic: "That'll Be Enough" (good rant)  (Read 982 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"That'll Be Enough" (good rant)
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:52:42 PM »
I'd post a snippet, but I'm on my phone and that's a pain in the ass on a phone. The whole thing is a great read.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2016/11/13/thatll-be-enough/
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "That'll Be Enough" (good rant)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 06:09:45 PM »
It's going to come to us red-staters having to put our foot(s) down, one way or the other.

(Yes, IDP; good rant.  Thanks.)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »
I liked it IDP, but I can sum it up in one sentence:

"Keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about" - Every dad in America

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »
I liked it IDP, but I can sum it up in one sentence:

"Keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about" - Every dad in America

Indeed!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 11:11:45 PM »
That was a good one.  They really don't understand how much they're playing with fire.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:25 AM »
Yeah, that 17th really took some teeth out of the 10th!  Another one for the remedy/don't every allow again list.

Anyway, Karl isn't wrong...about much anyway...if I have one disagreement it is at the end -

"Don’t be dumb enough to think you can keep doing what you’ve been doing forever because you can’t and if you go too far there will be no warning, no second chances and no saying you’re sorry.  It’ll just happen starting with one final stupid act — and then we all lose."

Check out this map -

No, we all won't lose.  We got most of these stupid sons of bitches surrounded.  The only way we all lose is if the Elites go nuclear...which would irradiate their food supply and leave them begging foreigners for food, many of whom would let us die...but if the progs think they have that many good friends abroad they might just be that nuts to do it.  Otherwise not all of us will lose...eventually they will lose and many of us will survive.

But he's right about no Mulligan's...they want it, they'll get it.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.