Author Topic: Boycott Amazon...No Money to Fascists!  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Boycott Amazon...No Money to Fascists!
« on: November 23, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/23/amazon-trump-trolls-megyn-kelly-book/94324354/

Fascist crybabies...they're the worst.

Makes one want to stomp them into the dirt and walk 'em dry!

Did I get that saying right this time?!   :D

I reckon The App Store and Google Play can't be too far behind...

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/11/23/app-store-users-torch-cnn-with-one-star-reviews-over-liberal-bias/

...let's see how long their tolerance of free speech lasts...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Boycott Amazon...No Money to Fascists!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 11:34:05 AM »
Stomp into mudhole and walk dry.  Yer gettin' there.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:50:45 AM »
Man!  I am such a white male yankee!   ::unknowncomic::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
#TrickleDownPetulance  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »

We weren't going to say anything, but since you mentioned it.... ::exitstageleft::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:20:17 PM »

We weren't going to say anything, but since you mentioned it.... ::exitstageleft::

The cat is out of the bag.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 12:32:13 PM »

The cat is out of the bag.

Yeah, but I'm a rural American liberty-lovin' patriot at heart...which is why y'all put up with me...and I am thankful!   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »
'Zack right and we're glad to have you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 04:38:01 PM »
'Zack right and we're glad to have you.

Amen. The boy's just got some learnin' to do. That's all.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:16:08 AM by AlanS »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »
An old dog can still learn.

Arf!   ;D

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »
You guys might flame me for this, but I get why Amazon would make this move. If they want their rating and review system to have any relation to the products they offer, they would be motivated to host honest reviews from people who have actually used a product or read a book.

I know they don't police all the posted reviews (Good ol' Trapeze used to post some doozies), but when they get a flood of obviously bogus reviews that are politically motivated by a social media campaign to damage the reputation of a product they're trying to sell, then this was the smart move.

Now, if they don't apply that standard even-hendedly, then there's a problem. But this is the first I've heard about Amazon taking a step like this, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »
I won't flame you...but I will flame Amazon...I doubt they'll apply this new policy even-handedly...I'll put good money down on it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 01:31:40 PM »
I won't flame you...but I will flame Amazon...I doubt they'll apply this new policy even-handedly...I'll put good money down on it.

Is it a new policy, or is it something they did in response to this particular situation?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 07:36:45 AM »

Is it a new policy, or is it something they did in response to this particular situation?

The way most "terms of use" policies go one could interpret it as not being new...what I would argue would be new is if the practical effect was applied objectively...we always hear of the cases where conservatives and libertarians get the boot...we never hear of the same being applied to leftists...I haven't gathered the evidence to confirm or deny that.

But...

Check out these poor ratings by snowflakes on one of Ann Coulter's tomes -

https://www.amazon.com/Adios-America-Lefts-Country-Hellhole-ebook/product-reviews/B00R3L7502/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

You have folks there ADMITTING they did not nor plan to read the book...allowed to post a review and rating.  WTF?!  How is that NOT trolling?!

So, to me just the several instances on this one book alone means Amazon is FAILING to apply it's stated standard in the Smegyn case objectively and fairly...period.

Am I wrong?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 07:58:04 AM »
A timely update to this thread -

Haters Gonna Hate
Reviews of the Ivanka Trump Women's Issa boots, which tout a list price of $180, included this: "These boots were perfect for wiping my feet on the Constitution and trampling the civil liberties and basic human rights of my fellow Americans," wrote a user named Susan Harper. "The spike heel is ideal for grinding democracy into the ground, or simply kicking the downtrodden as you stride past."

Amazon user AR called them "two extremely right boots" in her one star review and added that the "sizing and all other info is in Russian, but they are made in China."

The stinging insults go on and on. Virtually every Ivanka Trump product on Amazon has at least one scathing review designed as a barb against the businesswoman, particularly as she relates to her father's political agenda.

Rise of the 'Activist Reviews'
This is hardly the first time products on Amazon (which did not return request for comment) have been assailed by trolls — just recently Megyn Kelly's book "Settle For More" was targeted, and the site worked to scrub the hateful comments. These guerrilla attacks, if you will, have become more common in recent years.

"We've seen these 'activist reviews' for several years but they appear to be getting more common," said Jason "RetailGeek" Goldberg, ?SVP commerce and content practice at Razorfish.

Related: Ivanka Trump Promotes Fashion Line from RNC Stage

"In some ways, these smear campaign reviews are the natural extension of 'funny fake reviews,' which have been occurring for a number of years. Amazon even embraced these joke reviews by curating a list of their favorites. So now that the 'funny' reviews have taken a negative turn, retailers need to crack down on them in order to preserve the credibility and trust in the whole review system."

Amazon Is Where The Trolls Go
While other retailers such as Macy's and Nordstrom sell Ivanka Trump products, a quick look around reveals that these sites aren't being targeted by trolls to nearly the same degree, if at all. Why is Amazon the destination for Ivanka Trump trash talkers?

"It's similar to why you rob a bank — it is where the money is," said Lisa Merriam, brand consultant at ?Merriam Associates. "You troll Amazon because that is where the people are. Amazon ranks number 4 on Alexa's measure of Web traffic. Macy's is 57 and Nordstrom is 124."

Given that Amazon is so large, and brimming with so much content, it's easy for trolls to blend into the crowd of real reviewers. This brings us to the reason why Amazon isn't immediately scrubbing the site of fake reviews.

"Because Amazon gets so many more reviews and carries so many more [product lines] it's a much bigger challenge for Amazon to manually curate them," said Goldberg. "There are over 400 million products on the Amazon site, and a popular Ivanka Trump item could easily have 300 reviews, so it takes time for Amazon to discover an obviously fake review. Many retailers require a human curator to approve every review before it goes live on the site; Amazon does not."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/amazon-reviewers-are-trolling-ivanka-trump-won-t-decide-her-n699181

Yeah, then why is it that when Lefty garbage gets flamed it's pounced upon in lightening speed?  A completely bullsh*t answer if I ever read one!  More fake news!  Well, of course...it is Nitwit Butthurt Commies after all...

::doublebird::

Let 'em all burn!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »
Ironically, Ivanka is the most left-leaning of the Trump clan.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »
Obviously, the morons at Amazon and those screeching at her on airplanes drink the Fake News Kool Aid and are oblivious to most all facts.

And institutions like Amazon cater to that ilk...and think there is no penalty in demonizing those the Fake News propagators target for demonization.