Author Topic: Rich, privileged actress wants ordinary people to pay more tax  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
H/T: Australian Climate Madness

There's something about rich, pampered celebrities presuming to lecture you on why you should be happy to part with greater amounts of your far more modest income so as to counter their contrived, imaginary bogeyman called global warming climate change, that simply never fails to be offensive and infuriating.

The latest airhead to so pontificate from her private jet whilst sipping glacial spring water transported from halfway around the world is Australian actress Cate Blanchett. She is now in an advertisement aiming to scare/shame her fellow Australians into supporting an as-yet-undefined tax on themselves for the purpose of setting up carbon valuation and trading schemes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprah6RNab4

This site offers a good point by point refutation of the cliched nonsense:

http://www.australianclimatemadness.com/2011/05/rich-privileged-actress-wants-ordinary-people-to-pay-more-tax/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Rich, privileged actress wants ordinary people to pay more tax
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »
We're supposed to take tax advice from someone who can't spell Kate?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »

::cool::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »
Apparently Cate believes in the old Commie adage , "from those according to their ability to those according to their need" ... Which means that she should be quite able to handle a 90% tax bracket with no sweat ! That's pretty much the way the FDR Administration did it . The first $100,000 was taxed at something like 30-40% but anything over that was taxed at 90% . Which meant that if you worked your ass off and earned $1,000,000.00 the government let you keep $150,000.00 ! Gee ... Doesn't that sound fair ? ::saywhat::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »

::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
I thought she said she was going to "...diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."

STFU.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »
I'm so glad the people in Hollyweird and their associates help me every chance they get. ::laserkill::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
I'm so glad the people in Hollyweird and their associates help me every chance they get. ::laserkill::

Yessirreebob.  They help me identify which ones no longer need my support in the form of DVD/box office/royalties.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »

Yessirreebob.  They help me identify which ones no longer need my support in the form of DVD/box office/royalties.

You and me, both, sistah!

Offline bullonay

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
Just when we thought this silliness had been finally debunked, some idiot from the land of make-believe stokes the fires on the BS train again...

::bsmeter::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »
There was a good point made at the linked article, that there is this concerted effort to use the old imagery of smokestacks belching black, sooty, particulate smoke and have people associate "carbon emissions" with that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
There was a good point made at the linked article, that there is this concerted effort to use the old imagery of smokestacks belching black, sooty, particulate smoke and have people associate "carbon emissions" with that.

That stuff stopped in Pittsburgh and Akron almost forty years ago ... So did the steel and tire industries .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »

That stuff stopped in Pittsburgh and Akron almost forty years ago ... So did the steel and tire industries .

All that belching black smoke comes out of China now, tell that twit to go there and bitch at them, see if the Politburo gives a rats ass!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »

All that belching black smoke comes out of China now, tell that twit to go there and bitch at them, see if the Politburo gives a rats ass!
Tey wouldn't but they might send her to re-education ASAP
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

hemm

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
Hey KATE: EAT OwlGores SHORTS.