Author Topic: Key Republicans Clear Obama To Pack The District Courts  (Read 3183 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Key Republicans Clear Obama To Pack The District Courts
« on: May 05, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »
McCain does it again.  RTWT.

John J. "Jack" McConnell, Jr. was confirmed by the U.S. Senate yesterday after a struggle by Sen. Mitch McConnell and other Republican Senators to block the nomination by opposing an unexpected cloture petition filed by Harry Reid.

A key group of Republican Senators, led by Lidsey Graham and Lamar Alexander, vigorously argued against opposing cloture (i.e., a filibuster) because it would set a bad precedent for future Republican nominees if and when a there is a Republican President.

Other Republicans who voted for cloture, and the inevitable confirmation, were John McCain, Scott Brown, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, Mark Kirk, Lisa Murkowski and John Thune.  Two additional affirmative votes were cast by Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson, but only after Democrats already had enough votes.  Every one of these Republicans then voted against McConnell when the vote came to the floor.

McCain voted for cloture unexpectedly, and that may have influenced others who then saw that the filibuster would fail.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Key Republicans Clear Obama To Pack The District Courts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »

How stupid are Arizona voters?

Very stupid.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
That is a who's-who list of exactly what is wrong with the Republican Party, and by extension the country. A contemptible laundry list of Beltway bastards.

I would further ask how stupid are Alaska voters? They actually had to make a determined 2nd effort at demonstrating their stupidity, by giving the Cow an unlikely write-in victory over Joe Miller. That particular instance illustrates what's wrong with the citizenry of this country. They voted for her because they feared the Federal spigot being shut off if a fiscally responsible Senator was elected to replace her. Just how do you remedy a state of affairs where the voters are addicted to voting themselves gifts from the public treasury?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
See the "Divorce" thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
I'm well past tired of this...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
...... because it would set a bad precedent for future Republican nominees if and when a there is a Republican President.

Like Progladytes give a chit about precedent. ::laserkill::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 02:04:56 AM »

Jack McConnell, Jr.former director of Planned Parenthood of Rhode Island.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 02:55:05 AM »
Yes.  Thank you McCGrahamnesty.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
You know I realize it is going to be a long hard fight, but when sh*t like this happens I just want to go... ::overkill:: ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
Add this to the other thread about them abandoning Paul Ryan because they're scared sh*tless of touching Medicare even though it has been amply explained that under his plan no one on Medicare now or soon to be on it will be affected in the least.

Mark Steyn once described the "conservative" parties in Europe as the parties that have been reduced to arguing to the voters that they, the conservatives, would be better custodians of the left wing state than the left wing. That's pretty much what has become of the Republican Party here. The Democrats pull the political center of gravity ever leftward, and the Republicans grandstand about how they will fight to keep things right where they are. The idea of moving the center of gravity rightward never even enters the discussion.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »
Ship of fools and they keep on reelecting them. If any of those idiots are up in 12 they need a challenge for their seats.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 01:40:13 PM »
Oh looky, there is Tennessean Lamar! Alexander on the list...... What a surprise. ::)

I can't wait to post him(again) on the thread to remove rinos.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
Oh looky, there is Tennessean Lamar! Alexander on the list...... What a surprise. ::)

What is it with otherwise solid states picking these gutless RINO Senators? Tennessee, South Carolina...I don't get it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »

What is it with otherwise solid states picking these gutless RINO Senators? Tennessee, South Carolina...I don't get it.

Lamar! didn't start out a rino....He grew into it. Been there too long, corrupted. Of course he doesn't think so, but the proof is in his record of support of things like....this.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »

Lamar! didn't start out a rino....He grew into it. Been there too long, corrupted. Of course he doesn't think so, but the proof is in his record of support of things like....this.

Then they point to their early history in politics and it shows that they were indeed conservative till the crap hit the fan. People don't keep up and go by stories they heard years ago.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 08:43:46 PM »
Add this to the other thread about them abandoning Paul Ryan because they're scared sh*tless of touching Medicare even though it has been amply explained that under his plan no one on Medicare now or soon to be on it will be affected in the least.

Could the great fear of the Ryan Plan be that it does create a "lock box", a system as was before LBJ, whereby the monies collected for SS actually go and stay in that system?  A system that does not allow politicians to use that money to buy candy for their special voters?

That thought popped into my mind I have no verification and if it is true that politicians won't be able to touch the money, it is the answer to why they don't support it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »

Could the great fear of the Ryan Plan be that it does create a "lock box", a system as was before LBJ, whereby the monies collected for SS actually go and stay in that system?  A system that does not allow politicians to use that money to buy candy for their special voters?

That thought popped into my mind I have no verification and if it is true that politicians won't be able to touch the money, it is the answer to why they don't support it.

If I may jump in here G.

Not a lockbox per se, per link below, 55+ are in existing system, those under have a "property right" to contributions, kinda like a lockbox.  But I wonder if some underfunded liability laws like congress critters make others live by might not be needed.  I understand what his proposals are intended to do, but a lot, as always, depends on the exact language contained in the bill as it will be the starting point bureaucrats have to operate with.

You can click on the "learn more" link in the link below to get at more details.

http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=8521

Personally, I think Charles is right in that Repub leadership is scared to champion the Ryan plan.  They fear the fear-mongering coming their way in any attempt to reform SS & Medicare.

The DemonRats have already been exploiting this, curious, isn't it how they all have the same meme - 

http://www.dscc.org/act?action_KEY=171&track=SEM_G_medicare-search_ryan-plan

http://www.dccc.org/

http://www.democrats.org/

So, regardless if the Ryan Plan is championed or adopted...the Demonrats will attack you for it anyway!

So these feckless bastards might as well grow a pair, pick up the ball Ryan's handed off to them and run hard for the end zone.  They simply have nothing to lose.

But they won't.  They are cowardly, timid creatures who still act like they give a damn what the MFM and others say about them.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
We all know the 'rats are going to demonize anyone who even suggests modifications to "the third rail of politics", but just how much longer can this tactic work? It may work from an electoral perspective, but eventually the system is going to break.

I get so exasperated at times. The Democrats have trained the populace to have Pavlovian reactions to certain keywords. Can people not engage in just a bit of critical thought anymore? Yeah, I know...

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »
I know...

My frustration runneth over all of creation too!

::gaah::

::angry::

::cussing::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
I know...

My frustration runneth over all of creation too!

::gaah::

::angry::

::cussing::

How could ot not run all over the place they keep hitting from all angles!!It just doesn't stop!!So we're in a constant state of agitation.
 Filippo Mazzie