Author Topic: Big Bro want to watch everything you do via The Smart Grid  (Read 1325 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB), with the cooperation of the Environmental Protection Agency, has completed Priority Action Plan 10 (PAP-10) or as it is officially titled the NAESB Energy Usage Information Model. PAP-10 details the standards for the type of information that will be collected through the Smart Grid.

According to the document, the standards set forth in the NAESB Energy Usage Information Model (PAP-10) for the collection of information "forms the basis of the required Business Practice Standard."

Here is a list of SOME of the information that is to be collected through the Smart Grid as apart of that "Required Business Standard":

CO2 created by your Energy Use- Environmentalists see the Smart Grid as a tool they can use to curb carbon emissions and save the planet from 'Global Warming'. The information collected through the Smart Grid would help the Federal Government place a restriction on the amount of CO2 created by an individual house hold especially after a cap and trade type law is in place. While this may seem like an 'unrealistic' concept, there is no other viable explanation for the collection of your house hold CO2 production.

Electricity, Gas Use and Current Rates- The Smart Grid will allow the utility company to adjust the price of electricity, and possibly gas, by the minute based upon Peak Demand, this is referred to as 'Real Time' or 'Dynamic' Pricing.

For example, electricity will be more expensive to use at 3 P.M. during a hot summer day than it will be to use at 3 A.M. The Smart Grid will allow you the ability to program your Demand Response Appliances to run at 'Off Peak' times in order to help you save money.

The irony of this concept is if everyone begins to run their Demand Response Appliances at a certain 'Off Peak' time, say 3 A.M., then that 'Off Peak' time has the potential of becoming a new 'Peak Use' time and therefore may not save you very much money. Besides that, who is going to stay up to do laundry at 3 A.M.?

Water, Heat and Cold Use including Hot Water, Steam, Chilled Water and Ice- By tracking not only your water use, but how much energy you use to create hot water, chilled water and ice, the Smart Grid becomes the ultimate 'Green Police State' tool. That is because it will have the ability to track your hot water use, possibly even the length of your hot showers, how much chilled water you are drinking through your dispenser in your fridge and even track how many times your Ice Maker is refilled with water.

Imagine a future where the Government says that you can only take 3 minute hot showers or create only so much ice in order to help cut down on carbon emissions. The Smart Grid gives them the ability to not only monitor that information but through Demand Response Appliances they will also have the power to shut off your water heater or ice maker once you have reached your allowed usage. Again crazy as it sounds, what other possible reason do they have for collecting such information as Hot Water and Ice Cube Useage?

Refuse (trash) and Sewerage Use- The only reason I can come up with for collecting information on your refuse is that in the future the Government might possibly make recycling mandatory. Someday you may see 'Trash Police' digging through your garbage to make sure your recycling properly or be fined.

TV Licence Use- TV Licence does not currently exist here in the United States. But in the United Kingdom citizens are forced to pay a 'fee' for a Licence in order to watch or record television shows on their TV or over the Internet. Hard to believe I know but this is a statement taken from the British Licensing Authority website in 2003:

Link via Gateway Pundit.

Are we there yet?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Big Bro want to watch everything you do via The Smart Grid
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »

Those who have arrived are a small minority.  This information and other administrative plans (edicts & agency mandates) will not be reported in the Daily Local or the Six O'clock news.  If by some accident it is reported it will be in the Greener Is Better section.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
Tell 'em to track this!!

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »
Yet another reason to pony up and go solar.  I was on the fence about sizing my batts and having the option to go off-grid long term.. now I don't see any choice. Yeah, try and monitor by stuff with no connection.

Of course the every controlling state never seems to understand how dependant they are upon voluntary compliance. What if I install a notch filter that prevents any thing but a 60hz sine wave from coming through? What if I actually intercept the packets, or even generate false ones  and send them in-- I could even do it by an induction loop on someone else's home ( like my liberal neighbors) ?  Denial Of Service attacks will become  all of the rage - and they ONLY way they can be stopped is by the govt be coming even more heavy handed - and for what? Spurious Packets? Sending in too many erroneous IRS forms? In the end it just becomes obvious the govt is incompetent and unable to cope - which should make even more people question why they put such trust and faith into the institution.

In the end non union engineers will all be Harry Tuttle.

Brazil - Have you got a 27B-6?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:28:20 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »
    Refuse (trash) and Sewerage Use- The only reason I can come up with for collecting information on your refuse is that in the future the Government might possibly make recycling mandatory. Someday you may see 'Trash Police' digging through your garbage to make sure your recycling properly or be fined.

This is already in place just down the road from me. And they do go through the cans looking for, and reporting violations of the recycling laws.

This is all part of the new "soft tyranny" complements the dhimmicrat party and allowed to go forward by a feckless GOP. C'mon, you know deep down that this is for your own good. You just don't have the discipline to bite the bullet. So y'all should thank the dhimmis for making compliance with the New Society painless.

/spit

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:58:51 AM »
Same proglodyte trash running my city, they are seeking our permission to enter our homes to install radio/remote water meter devices.  I am ignoring their letters.  I am not allowing any damned bureaucrat into my home!

Screw them all!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.