Author Topic: Greg Lake, ELP  (Read 1444 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Greg Lake, ELP
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:44:17 PM »
Remembering ELP & King Crimson's Greg Lake, dead at 69.

British singer-guitarist Greg Lake inspired a generation of musicians with his work in King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer . ELP's final album especially touched the Central New York community, grieving over the loss of a 12-year-old girl.

Lake wrote "Daddy" for the progressive rock band's 1994 release, "In the Hot Seat," for Sara Anne Wood 's family in Herkimer County. Wood was abducted while riding her bicycle near her home in Frankfort during the summer of 1993, and later featured in an "America's Most Wanted" story that inspired Lake.

"Daddy, daddy, come and bring me home," he wrote shortly after seeing the episode.

"I have my own daughter, too," Lake told The Post-Standard in 1994. "I suppose I'm in tears at least once or twice a week. I can go finish a whole day and be OK. But at night, the tears come to my eyes, because it's then that you take on the people's suffering."
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Greg Lake, ELP
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:26:00 PM »
2/3 of the band gone in under a year.   :'(

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »
2/3 of the band gone in under a year.   :'(

That's on the verge of sucking.

Greg Lake was an amazing talent. He was 12 when he wrote Lucky Man. I was lucky enough myself to see them in concert.

RIP, Greg.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 08:12:12 AM »
I've always loved his 'Father Christmas' song:

! No longer available
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.