Topics > The Departed

Carrie Fisher, 60

<< < (2/5) > >>

Alphabet Soup:

--- Quote from: AlanS on December 27, 2016, 03:56:38 PM ---I was in love with Carrie Fisher for years. Until I saw the latest pics. Time hasn't been good to either one of us.

RIP, Dear.

--- End quote ---

I don't mean this unkindly but I'm several years older than her and look several years younger.

...and look where it's gotten me.

richb:
She still will be in Star Wars 8,  the filming was completed already.    They will undoubtable have to make some changes to write her out,  as she was due to be in Star Wars 9 too.    Will be interesting how much she was in 8.   May make it either  easy or very hard to make a good exit for the character.   

Having a heart attack on a plane,  about the worst place you can be.

IronDioPriest:
Not to be crass, but apparently the technology now exists to digitally create deceased actors to interact with real ones.

In this new Star Wars film, in fact, much is being made of the substantial presence of Grand Moff Tarkin. Originally played by Peter Cushing in the original Star Wars film, the role is reprised digitally in this new film, and all reports are that it is seamless. Cushing died in 1994.

So if they need Leia for #9, they'll be able to do it, assuming that her estate is willing to sign off on it.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on December 27, 2016, 05:40:12 PM ---
I don't mean this unkindly but I'm several years older than her and look several years younger.

...and look where it's gotten me.

--- End quote ---

No offense taken. I abused my body when I was younger and it's taken it's toll. Luckily for me, my wife hasn't aged.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on December 27, 2016, 07:35:54 PM ---Not to be crass, but apparently the technology now exists to digitally create deceased actors to interact with real ones.

In this new Star Wars film, in fact, much is being made of the substantial presence of Grand Moff Tarkin. Originally played by Peter Cushing in the original Star Wars film, the role is reprised digitally in this new film, and all reports are that it is seamless. Cushing died in 1994.

So if they need Leia for #9, they'll be able to do it, assuming that her estate is willing to sign off on it.

--- End quote ---

As I said...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/disney-faces-star-wars-size-dilemma-over-loss-235015748--finance.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version