Author Topic: Carrie Fisher, 60  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Carrie Fisher, 60
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
Princess Leia Organa won't be in any more Star Wars flicks...

A spokesperson for the Fisher family confirmed the actress died Tuesday morning at UCLA Medical Center, days after she suffered a heart attack while onboard a flight from London to Los Angeles.

Fisher had reportedly been in the hospital’s intensive care unit for days following the heart attack. Her mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, said Sunday that she was in “stable condition” and thanked supporters for their well-wishes.

Fisher had reportedly suffered a cardiac episode 15 minutes before her flight was set to land at LAX on Friday. An EMT administered CPR and the actress was taken to a hospital, where she had initially been listed in critical condition. A passenger on the airplane later told the Washington Post that Fisher appeared to have been “in a lot of distress” on the flight.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/12/27/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-dies-age-60/

The rich and shameless drug of choice wreaked havoc, how ironic, huh?

Poor Debbie...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Carrie Fisher, 60
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:39:01 PM »
Sad to hear of her passing.

I was irritated to read that putz hammond (or whatever the F his name is) play the politics card when the initial news of her heart attack was announced - low class.

Rest in peace Carrie.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
Yeah that was Mark Hammill working in a jab about "as if 2016 wasn't bad enough" and he was clearly talking about the Trump election, given his prior comments. But that's liberals for you, everything is political for them.

Star Wars was a major part of childhood, and I still love it, so I just mentally separate the actors from their roles. Mark Hammill is not making that easy.

RIP Carrie.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:56:38 PM »
I was in love with Carrie Fisher for years. Until I saw the latest pics. Time hasn't been good to either one of us.

RIP, Dear.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »
I liked Star Wars as a child. Not so much as a man. Never felt like the films stood the test of time, and I thought every sequel sucked hind tit. Empire Strikes Back was the only one of them ever made that stood at all on its own as a decent film.

All that to say that I have no nostalgia associated with the franchise, characters, or actors. Maybe Harrison Ford since Blade Runner is an all-time fave. Otherwise, no. So for me, "Princess Leia" didn't die. Just a B movie actress with A-list parents.

Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
I was in love with Carrie Fisher for years. Until I saw the latest pics. Time hasn't been good to either one of us.

RIP, Dear.

I don't mean this unkindly but I'm several years older than her and look several years younger.

...and look where it's gotten me.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
She still will be in Star Wars 8,  the filming was completed already.    They will undoubtable have to make some changes to write her out,  as she was due to be in Star Wars 9 too.    Will be interesting how much she was in 8.   May make it either  easy or very hard to make a good exit for the character.   

Having a heart attack on a plane,  about the worst place you can be.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:19:10 PM by richb »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 07:35:54 PM »
Not to be crass, but apparently the technology now exists to digitally create deceased actors to interact with real ones.

In this new Star Wars film, in fact, much is being made of the substantial presence of Grand Moff Tarkin. Originally played by Peter Cushing in the original Star Wars film, the role is reprised digitally in this new film, and all reports are that it is seamless. Cushing died in 1994.

So if they need Leia for #9, they'll be able to do it, assuming that her estate is willing to sign off on it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

I don't mean this unkindly but I'm several years older than her and look several years younger.

...and look where it's gotten me.

No offense taken. I abused my body when I was younger and it's taken it's toll. Luckily for me, my wife hasn't aged.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 10:20:16 PM »
Not to be crass, but apparently the technology now exists to digitally create deceased actors to interact with real ones.

In this new Star Wars film, in fact, much is being made of the substantial presence of Grand Moff Tarkin. Originally played by Peter Cushing in the original Star Wars film, the role is reprised digitally in this new film, and all reports are that it is seamless. Cushing died in 1994.

So if they need Leia for #9, they'll be able to do it, assuming that her estate is willing to sign off on it.

As I said...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/disney-faces-star-wars-size-dilemma-over-loss-235015748--finance.html

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 07:14:57 AM »

As I said...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/disney-faces-star-wars-size-dilemma-over-loss-235015748--finance.html

"I'm not crying now but I'll probably cry when Disney shamelessly CGI's Carrie Fisher's face into episode IX," a fan named Thug Lucas said on Twitter on Tuesday.

Under a 1985 California law, filmmakers must get permission from the estate of a celebrity to use his or her image for up to 70 years after death.

Other possibilities include redrafting the plot of "Episode IX," re-shooting scenes from "Episode VIII," or casting another look-alike actress, as the makers of "Harry Potter" did when Richard Harris, who played headmaster Albus Dumbledore, died after filming the first two movies.

On the entertainment website Heavy.com, some fans suggested that singer Stevie Nicks could stand in for Fisher in future movies. Others said she should be given a glorious screen death.

"I swear they better find a way to write Princess Leia out of the movies, cause if they try and recast there will be hell to pay," a fan identified as Kaitlin tweeted.

Stevie Nicks?  I didn't even know she was still kickin'?  Still wearing those witch clothes?   ::hysterical::

Fandom types...jeez...   ::)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 07:50:47 PM »
I think the smart thing would be to give her character a suitably heroic death. After all the premise of the new trilogy is that the struggle between the Light and the Dark is falling on the shoulders of a new generation, so it would make sense as part of that narrative.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »
TMZ is reporting that Debbie Reynolds has passed away after suffering a stroke.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-dead/

RIP Debbie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »
I think the smart thing would be to give her character a suitably heroic death. After all the premise of the new trilogy is that the struggle between the Light and the Dark is falling on the shoulders of a new generation, so it would make sense as part of that narrative.

Problem is there's a whole literary universe in which she exists. Not that the films are adhering to the hundreds of Star Wars books, but those books have established a canon, and she is alive according to canon.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 06:56:37 AM »

Problem is there's a whole literary universe in which she exists. Not that the films are adhering to the hundreds of Star Wars books, but those books have established a canon, and she is alive according to canon.

Which explains why fans are so riled up...if they stick to canon then they have to keep her character going in CGI or find a replacement princess.

Really, in the grand scheme of things...these are just movies after all...and not everybody will be happy about what they do...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »
There is no canon.  Disney declared it dead.  Which is why Star Wars is dead to me.  I didn't invest the time immersing myself into a universe just to have it yanked out from under me to make it gayer and more "diverse."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
Steve Martin...pays Carrie a compliment...and Feminazi's take offense and he chickens out and pulls his compliment...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/316470-feminists-freakout-after-steve-martin-marks-death-of-beautiful-carrie-fisher/

All-around pathetic!

Feminazi's need to STFD and STFU!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 03:03:52 PM »
There is no canon.  Disney declared it dead.  Which is why Star Wars is dead to me.  I didn't invest the time immersing myself into a universe just to have it yanked out from under me to make it gayer and more "diverse."

I get why they did it though.  They didn't want to embark on a new series of movies already painted into a corner by what various other people had written over the past 30 years.

I say that as one who enjoys a lot of the old Expanded Universe stuff too.  The Knights of the Old Republic games in particular were fantastic.  They are reintroducing certain portions of the EU back into the new canon.

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »
Steve Martin...pays Carrie a compliment...and Feminazi's take offense and he chickens out and pulls his compliment...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/316470-feminists-freakout-after-steve-martin-marks-death-of-beautiful-carrie-fisher/

All-around pathetic!

Feminazi's need to STFD and STFU!

Unfortunately I don't have the online eyeballs/traffic Steve has...but I fixed it for him best I could:

@PablodeFleurs

#CarrieFisher: a B-list actress w/A-List parents-chanced onto an iconic role-now folks think she was a thespian. Lesbian? Yes! Thespian? No!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 06:50:44 AM »
What a mess...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-carrie-fisher-autopsy-report-20170619-story.html

...perhaps lucky to have even made it to 60, eh?

PC clowns...

"Multiple drug intake, significance not ascertained."

Umm...doc?  Is there a good significance to ingesting cocaine, heroin and X?

What an ass!