Author Topic: Term Limits...Redux  (Read 708 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Term Limits...Redux
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/317668-breaking-ted-cruz-introduces-term-limits-amendment/

The Establishment kills it...every time...maybe with Trump in office...

?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Term Limits...Redux
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
Sadly, with an informed electorate, we wouldn't need term limits.

HOLD THEM RESPONSIBLE!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »
They will never be responsible...not the bulk of them...until...well, "until" is coming next...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:22:35 PM »
It's no kind of a fix and would probably make things worse.  This would just more power in the hands of the bureaucracy.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »
  He's showboating for his next run.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »
It's no kind of a fix and would probably make things worse.  This would just more power in the hands of the bureaucracy.

That probably would  be a problem, or a bigger one then it is already,   with having term limits for only elected government people. 

Term or time limits should extend to almost everyone in government, elected or civil "service".   Disallowing any full career in government should be the goal,  not just for the elected.   

I am of the opinion no one should work for the government more then a decade.  And you should not be allowed to continue with a private job that has public contracts either.    Ten years and that's it,  you have to be in the private sector.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »
There should not be a permanent bureaucracy, period.  That would solve it.  No entrenched interests, no government unions, no sloth waste or abuse.

Cabinet should be trimmed back to early Republic levels, each new department head can hire their own staff, and each new head can hire or fire whoever he wishes anytime and when Administrations change everybody as in the days of old has to reapply with the incoming people or move on.

Think of the reductions in appropriations, in bureaucracy and regulation that that would achieve! 

But nobody has that kind of stones.  They'll cry "We need them!"...which everyone should yell back "Bullshtyt!"...

The largest bureaucracy should only be the Pentagon and there should only be one domestic federal law enforcement/internal security agency and only one external intelligence agency.  Everything else could be rolled under department heads, eradicated outright or left to the individual states to deal with as the Founders intended, as the 10th Amendment allowed for and the spirit of the Constitution created with the charter as states being "incubators" of liberty.

Sucks to live in this era...I am two centuries removed from my time!!!   ::pullhair::