Author Topic: Please consider signing petitions to repeal NFA and the Hughes Amendment!  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
There are currently two petitions getting traction at Whitehouse.gov, but more signatures are still needed to reach the 100,000 threshold that requires official response.

One petition is to repeal the 1934 National Firearms Act.  This is the onerous act that severely restricted 2nd Amendment rights and established the precedence of acceptability for future additional infringements.  It effectively banned classes of firearm such as rifles with barrels shorter than 16", shotguns with barrels shorter than 18", and various other things.  Citizens can still acquire these classes of firearm, but only through a long process of ATF paperwork and purchase of a tax stamp.  The ATF itself, in a recent internal memo, has complained that it costs them more in time and labor to process requests and that the volume they are receiving in recent years clearly indicates widespread public demand.

The second petition is to repeal the Hughes Amendment to the otherwise progun Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.  This was a last minute amendment tacked on to act as a poison pill, but because the President could only sign or veto the entire legislation Reagan was urged to go ahead and sign it since the rest of it was desirable.  The Hughes Amendment banned the sale or transfer of automatic weapons after May 1986.  You can only purchase an automatic weapon if it was manufactured prior to this date, so with a static supply the prices have soared to astronomical levels.  Repealing the Hughes Amendment would allow sale and transfer of newly manufactured automatic weapons.

Links to the two petitions:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

We have a unique opportunity right now to possibly roll back some of the infringements rather than merely preventing new ones, so we must take the opportunity!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Please consider signing petitions to repeal NFA and the Hughes Amendment!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
Looks like the petition to repeal the NFA has hit the 100,000 threshold!  The petition to repeal the Hughes Amendment still has a ways to go though.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:20 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up - I signed both.

(Pols may not realize it...but we're signing for their protection/welfare as well...'nuff said).
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
Signed both, thanks.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 06:58:17 AM »
Done and done!

I don't know why people are so sqeamish about the Hughes...it's like sale/transfer means fully-auto weapons are going to be flooding into peoples hands...I wish...but that's not what would happen.

People...jeesh!

Another case where the hijacking of terms and the perversion of words by the left has been stupidly allowed! 

Automatic!

::ohno::

Idiots!

::bus::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.