Topics > Weather, Climate, & Natural Disasters

Natural disaster in the making...Federal & State government - Oroville Dam

(1/4) > >>

Libertas:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-13/watch-preparations-plug-oroville-dam-hole-using-rocks-and-sandbags

They've had trouble with this spillway over the years...and initially passing on concrete in favor of earth...well, sure...what could go wrong?

Rocks and sandbags to the rescue!  Seriously?

richb:
Not really a "natural" disaster,  sounds like a man made one.   Sounds like a typical neglected publicly owned property. 

This is why cutting basic maintenance (to "save" money) never ever works.   Because you always have to pay.  I bet those helicopters and such will cost far more then the money "saved" by not doing basic maintenance over the years. 

Government sucks at everything.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: richb on February 13, 2017, 01:25:31 PM ---Not really a "natural" disaster,  sounds like a man made one.   Sounds like a typical neglected publicly owned property. 

This is why cutting basic maintenance (to "save" money) never ever works.   Because you always have to pay.  I bet those helicopters and such will cost far more then the money "saved" by not doing basic maintenance over the years. 

Government sucks at everything.

--- End quote ---

Yahtze!!!

AlanS:
But they get a new high speed train! ::thumbsup::

Libertas:
I don't know what would be worse...being stuck on that with a bunch of bangers and reconquista invaders...or when the big one hits?

Probably the former, the latter has the benefit of being over quicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version