Author Topic: IRS to take tax returns without Obamacare proof: please leave it blank  (Read 1084 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Since Trump basically suspended the individual mandate via executive order,  the IRS will stop rejecting tax returns (including 2016) without the insurance info.  The line will still be on the form,  but it won't be necessary to fill it out for the IRS to process the return.

So if you would like to reclaim some of your privacy,  even if you are insured,  you can leave it blank with your 2016 return.  In fact I ask that you do leave it blank.   It's none of their business,  and frankly you don't have to tell them for the time being.

Enjoy it while it lasts.   It will be back if the EGOP screws this up and the next Democrat president restores it. 

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/14/irs-blow-to-obamacare-individual-mandate

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: IRS to take tax returns without Obamacare proof: please leave it blank
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:00:00 AM »
Since Trump basically suspended the individual mandate via executive order,  the IRS will stop rejecting tax returns (including 2016) without the insurance info.  The line will still be on the form,  but it won't be necessary to fill it out for the IRS to process the return.

So if you would like to reclaim some of your privacy,  even if you are insured,  you can leave it blank with your 2016 return.  In fact I ask that you do leave it blank.   It's none of their business,  and frankly you don't have to tell them for the time being.

Enjoy it while it lasts.   It will be back if the EGOP screws this up and the next Democrat president restores it. 

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/14/irs-blow-to-obamacare-individual-mandate

They are already hard at work on that...

The only real joy in life is messing with every idiot I come across.  Some just jump to the front of the line and beg for bitch-slap.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.