Author Topic: Hawking should stick with the cosmos and leave politics alone  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Stephen Hawking has warned that technology needs to be controlled in order to prevent it from destroying the human race.

The world-renowned physicist, who has spoken out about the dangers of artificial intelligence in the past, believes we need to establish a way of identifying threats quickly, before they have a chance to escalate.

“Since civilisation began, aggression has been useful inasmuch as it has definite survival advantages,” he told The Times.

“It is hard-wired into our genes by Darwinian evolution. Now, however, technology has advanced at such a pace that this aggression may destroy us all by nuclear or biological war. We need to control this inherited instinct by our logic and reason.”

He suggests that "some form of world government” could be ideal for the job, but would itself create more problems.

“But that might become a tyranny," he added. “All this may sound a bit doom-laden but I am an optimist. I think the human race will rise to meet these challenges.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/stephen-hawking-world-government-stop-technology-destroy-humankind-th-a7618021.html

"Optimist"?  How about "dumbass!"?

World Government?  Then do nothing zipperhead, it's the road we all on right now!  "Might become a tyranny?".   See previous!

::facepalm::

I'd rather war with AI than drop to my knees before statists of any stripe!

Hawking...dumbest smart person ever!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Hawking should stick with the cosmos and leave politics alone
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »
A lot of them are.

(Reminds me of "I, Robot".)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »
A world government MIGHT become a tyranny?   ::cussing::

UH,  a world government WOULD BE a tyranny.  There are few things in life that are certain.   That a world government would be a disaster for a humanity is a certainty. 

Just because someone may be a genius in a field,  doesn't make them a genius in every field. 

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:45:28 AM »
I'd love t'see Hawking take his wheelchair for a spin down the Grand Canyon trail. He's a big proponent of 'gravity' being all we need to create the universe & all we see around us...it'd be nice to observe the effect gravity would have on li'l Stephen as he rides the trail.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee.........................................!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.