Author Topic: Iran in Venezuela building missile sites  (Read 2060 times)

charlesoakwood

Iran in Venezuela building missile sites
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:18 PM »

Jerusalem Post

[blockquote]German paper says Iranians paid cash to build mid-range missile launch pads on Paraguana Peninsula; Iranian engineers visited site in Feb.

BERLIN – The Iranian government is moving forward with the construction of rocket launch bases in Venezuela, the German daily Die Welt wrote in its Friday edition.   ...

The northern most tip of Venezuela. It is due west of the Netherlands Antilles and due south of Aruba
Iran is building intermediate- range missile launch pads on the Paraguaná Peninsula, and engineers from a construction firm – Khatam al-Anbia – owned by the Revolutionary Guards visited Paraguaná in February. Amir al-Hadschisadeh, the head of the Guard’s Air Force, participated in the visit, according to the report. Die Welt cited information from “Western security insiders.”
According to Die Welt, the clandestine agreement between Venezuela and Iran would mean the Chavez government would fire rocket at Iran’s enemies should the Islamic Republic face military strikes.[/blockquote]

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Iran in Venezuela building missile sites
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:43:44 AM »
Chavez needs to watch his ass . Even he isn't dumb enough to get in the line of fire between us and Iran .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:22:51 AM »
I dunno SH, I think he's plenty stupid, and what works even better to his advantage, that as stupid as he is, he knows Obamakov can be played quite easily...I think 'ol Hugo thinks hecan do whatever the hell he likes.  Who's gonna tell him otherwise?

The real question right now is what kind of weaponry is this?  I cannot believe it is anything that can present a significant threat to us, but since we don't have a leader back home worth a damn...at least not for another 19 months or so...Hugo will have his little toys for a while.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »

It could be very disruptive.  This administration aside, we have good relationships with Columbia, Costa Rica, and Panama (not so sure).  He could also use them in support of the cartels and their continuing efforts to rule Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
True, but I think some anti-radiation missles and PGM's could knock these sites down in short order, we just do not have the leadership in place to make it happen.  So if the region experiences more destablization, the finger can only be pointed our direction.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »
True, but I think some anti-radiation missles and PGM's could knock these sites down in short order, we just do not have the leadership in place to make it happen.  So if the region experiences more destablization, the finger can only be pointed our direction.

Or the Panama Canal which Iran and Venezuela could care less about .