Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Interesting Manufacturing Statistics

<< < (2/2)

Glock32:

--- Quote from: Libertas on March 07, 2017, 07:03:34 AM ---P series?  Thinking of SIG?

--- End quote ---

No, Ruger had a P-series of pistols in the 80s and 90s.  Those were their first centerfire semi autos. Serviceable, inexpensive, but not going to win any beauty contests for sure.

The SIG P-series on the other hand are classics.  My first .45 was a SIG P220, which I still have.  I wouldn't mind getting the Mk. 25 version of a P226.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Glock32 on March 07, 2017, 06:18:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on March 07, 2017, 07:03:34 AM ---P series?  Thinking of SIG?

--- End quote ---

No, Ruger had a P-series of pistols in the 80s and 90s.  Those were their first centerfire semi autos. Serviceable, inexpensive, but not going to win any beauty contests for sure.

The SIG P-series on the other hand are classics.  My first .45 was a SIG P220, which I still have.  I wouldn't mind getting the Mk. 25 version of a P226.

--- End quote ---

Ahh, gotchya...I wasn't thinking older models...plus when you mentioned chunky and heavy and "P" and I thought SIG, and I kinda like a handgun with some heft to it, bulkiness maybe not too much, but heft.  Even though I like my Glock's (may they rest safely at the lake bottom!) there are times where an all-metal platform is nice.  That P89 almost looks like SIG and Walther had a love-child.  And the P345 almost looks related to the Remington R51.  My oldest (lake dweller) is an old AMT.  Heft.
 :D

Glock32:
Yeah the Remington R51.  I really did want to like that pistol when it was first announced.  A lot of people thought it was ugly, but I thought it was rather cool looking in a retro-futuristic way.  But man what a lemon.  Now Remington is trying to get a striker fired polymer frame pistol into the market.  They might do better to just focus on cleaning up the reputation of their model 870 shotguns and model 700 rifles.  Those two used to be reigning kings of the shotgun and sporting rifle worlds.  But I have heard Remington has cut a lot of corners ever since they got bought up by that capital group.

Libertas:
Yeah, they have issues.

Cerberus Capital Management.  I am not overly fond of any private equity firm taking over anything...they are usually carrion eaters, feasting on the weak and dying, stripping off and selling the riper parts for whatever they can get, suck the life-blood out of what is left until it is dry.

No thanks.

And nice imagery, three-headed dog guarding Hell?  Screams "stay away from me"!

Run by Feinberg, old Drexel guy...and Dan Quayle and John Snow (no, not the fictional one) work for them too.

They also have DPMS, Bushmaster & Marlin in the gun division.

I thought they fixed the shell grab issue on the 870, the 700 trigger thing I don't know if I understand to this day wtf that is about.  The production rollout of the R51 was a complete fustercluck.  I thought they had that resolved now, but after something like that it's hard to get peoples interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version