Author Topic: Conservatives: Paul Ryan’s Healthcare Plan Replaces O-care with O-care-Lite  (Read 1397 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Republican leadership and Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price argue that tax credits would benefit low-income Americans more so than a tax deduction.

Because so many don't pay any federal income tax.

Per Rand Paul:

1.  Leadership wants to keep Obamacare-like subsidies to buy insurance but rename them refundable tax credits (families will be given up to $14,000 dollars of other people’s money)

2.  Leadership wants to keep the Obamacare Cadillac tax but rename it a tax on the top 10% of people who have the best insurance.

3.  Leadership wants to keep the individual mandate but instead of mandating a tax penalty to the government they mandate a penalty to the insurance company (can it possibly be Constitutional to mandate a penalty to a private insurance company?)

4.  Leadership wants to keep $100 billion of the insurance company subsidies from Obamacare but call them “reinsurance.” (Why? Because insurance companies love guaranteed issue as long as the taxpayer finances it!)

Gawddamn them.   ::gaah::

And I'm bloody sick and tired of hearing "bending the cost curve down" puke-speak.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/07/conservatives-paul-ryans-healthcare-plan-replaces-obamacare-with-obamacare-lite/

HELL NO!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I read at zero hedge that the penalty for waiting until you're sick to buy insurance is just a 30% surcharge.  Which is still going to lead to a death spiral.

Offline richb

• Established Member
They are so f*cking afraid of the bad press they will get when it looks like they are "taking away peoples insurance".    So they don't want to take away the give aways and "protections" that Obamacare started.

John Stossel says it best,  "Once people get a subsidy, it's very hard to take it away".

http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/07/the-one-number-that-shows-why-any-health

So that's how we end up with Obamacare lite.   Now the Democrats can now blame Republicans for all the problems that will continue.

The EGOP hasn't learned a damn thing.

Next time Democrats are running things,  they will get single payer.   Then it will be like England.   50% of your income goes to income taxes,  another 30% to NHS.    Do people realize that many European tax rates are 80-90%?   Granted,  we are at 60% already.   But then people wonder why the economy is always sick.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:54:44 PM by richb »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The premium could increase by 30 percent for individuals who have a coverage gap of more than 63 days during the previous 12 months. Insurers could maintain the 30 percent premium increase for a 12 month period.

http://www.texaspolicy.com/library/doclib/Summary-of-House-Republicans-Latest-Obamacare-Legislation.pdf

Worse than I originally read, as it's limited to 12 months.  As of my last premiums before bugging out, $1,350 per month, that's a penalty of $4,860 if I wait until I have cancer before coming back.  3 1/2 months of premiums.  The death spiral isn't going away.

If you're curious how much health care is here, my wife recently had surgery.  The king of thing women don't want their husbands talking about so I'll leave it at that.  All in with a roomy private room for 4 days, $2,600.  In Taiwan that would have been $3,500 to $4,000, still reasonable.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Finally - someone found a way to unite all Americans.

Everyone hates the new healthcare!

:o

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
As with everything the Pubbies illustrate once again they fear those they should hate more than us and they are too stupid to know that modifying this pig in any way is exactly what the demonrats need...and still they plow ahead like dumb animals to the slaughter.

End it don't mend it.  People want insurance?  Clean up, get a haircut, lose the body-mods, wear normal clothes AND GET AN EFFING JOB!!!

Tired of stupid, the penalty for stupid should be mind-shattering pain.  Time to unleash the pain on these braindead Pubbies!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
As soon as the demand for repeal somehow got turned into this phrase "repeal and replace" I knew it was a lost cause. 
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
As soon as the demand for repeal somehow got turned into this phrase "repeal and replace" I knew it was a lost cause.

Yep. Shame others can't grasp that.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
What is not reported and what was included in the CBO's analysis is many, if not most, of the additional millions of uninsured will be a result of them not buying insurance once the mandate is removed.  Liberty, yah?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
We shouldn't do anything for a year or two. Let is fail so badly that people are suffering for real, and then fix it.
Let. It. Burn. and more importantly - Let it BURN THE F'ing Dems who did it to begin with , and blame it on "Democrat Obstruction"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I agree, doing nothing and letting nature take its course may be the best play one could hope for from these stupid bastards.  But it will still be the demonrat endgame to fire up the psycho-circus and call for the government-run everything as the cure-all.  And the way these stupid SOB pubbies play the game they'll once again grab their ankles and the nation will take it in the shaft again.  The trajectory with these a-holes is still retrograde...

Death, Taxes, Progs, Pubbies...

::facepalm::

::outrage::

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:41:52 AM by Libertas »