Author Topic: Are We Suffering From Shock and Awe ?  (Read 2914 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Are We Suffering From Shock and Awe ?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
If the wishy-washies try to sit it out, isn't it the hardcore left vs the freedom-loving right, and whatever numbers those two groups represent being the only argument?

Participation is key.  How many liberals are willing to become Jackboots? Hitler didn't have any problem recruiting into his herd - known rules for belonging,rules for achivement, security and force in numbers.  You see it in the Union membership right now.  The right, by its nature, is incohesive. Ultimately all we want from each other is the right to live our own lives without interferrence.  We don't want to change the world,  impose a utopia, or force others into our tribe.  Good is dumb

And don't forget our original  population had an unusual number of freedom loving types through self selection- many who left England for a reason and were not sympathetic to the King to begin with.  We love our Country. We love our system of government ( if it were practiced as we agreed)  - Face it, we need an event that will cause us to hang together or face hanging separately. An event that clearly shows that our Government is the equivalent of King George.   

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »

This is good:

Which comes right 'round to Erickson's similar concern about his positioning, so he chose to part company with those whose intransigence threatened him by association.

Rush is talking about gNewt is positioning himself for the afterloss and how 2 wks ago he was already picking his VIP.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
Wasn't it 30% participation?

sort of

30% supported, 10% actively supported, and 3% actively bore arms.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
This is a good topic.  Yes, the Left is "flooding the zone" and attacking us on a hundred different fronts simultaneously.  It's absolutely intentional and coordinated.  Think Cloward-Piven.  They are trying to demoralize us.  Normal Americans can't conceive of such a degree of deliberate destructive evil.  Meanwhile, the Republican leadership resembles a deer in the headlights.

Many Americans (I have no idea how many) understand perfectly well what is happening.  No one wants to be the one to fire the first shot, however.  Glenn Beck has been cautioning us against that, and I think it is good advice.  The Left desperately wants the Patriots to be the first to get violent, and then they will have their opportunity to launch a wholesale crackdown.  The media has already written those stories, and they tipped their hand in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, when they all immediately and simultaneously blamed the "right" without a shred of evidence.  They're counting on the ignorant "sheeple" to swallow their propaganda whole, and I'm afraid that a lot will.

We mustn't give them the satisfaction.  We have to hold our fire until the Left gets overtly violent, as they most assuredly will.  Even then, the media will still cover for them.  We should remember Bunker Hill:  "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
Ahhhhhh.  More tone wars.

Meh!

People deny reality at their own peril!  Problem is, I don't want to be endangered by their ignorance!

Good luck with that.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
This is a good topic.  Yes, the Left is "flooding the zone" and attacking us on a hundred different fronts simultaneously.  It's absolutely intentional and coordinated.  Think Cloward-Piven.  They are trying to demoralize us.  Normal Americans can't conceive of such a degree of deliberate destructive evil.  Meanwhile, the Republican leadership resembles a deer in the headlights.

Many Americans (I have no idea how many) understand perfectly well what is happening.  No one wants to be the one to fire the first shot, however.  Glenn Beck has been cautioning us against that, and I think it is good advice.  The Left desperately wants the Patriots to be the first to get violent, and then they will have their opportunity to launch a wholesale crackdown.  The media has already written those stories, and they tipped their hand in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, when they all immediately and simultaneously blamed the "right" without a shred of evidence.  They're counting on the ignorant "sheeple" to swallow their propaganda whole, and I'm afraid that a lot will.

We mustn't give them the satisfaction.  We have to hold our fire until the Left gets overtly violent, as they most assuredly will.  Even then, the media will still cover for them.  We should remember Bunker Hill:  "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."

With a scope I can see the whites much better.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline michelleo

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »

With a scope I can see the whites much better.

Indeed. 
The wait and uncertainly is killing me.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:55 PM »
Quote from: rickl
The media has already written those stories, and they tipped their hand in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, when they all immediately and simultaneously blamed the "right" without a shred of evidence.  They're counting on the ignorant "sheeple" to swallow their propaganda whole, and I'm afraid that a lot will.

Speaking of that, have you all noticed the total absence of any news about the shooter, Jared Loughner? That's about as much proof as you could ask for that he is not in any way a right wing sort. I imagine the media are quite frustrated that this guy has not supplied rant material for them to drone on about in the news, because we all know if there was anything offering even the most tenuous connection to conservative philosophy the MSM would be running with it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly