Author Topic: 41 people *arrested* for Tweeting flashing images  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
41 people *arrested* for Tweeting flashing images
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:13:20 PM »
This is so absurd it almost is too hard to believe.  Whatever you think of these trolls, how in the world can you be arrested and charged with a felony for tweeting an image?

Apparently this journalist became the target of Internet trolls who were sending rapidly flashing images to his Twitter feed.  He claims it caused him to have an epileptic seizure.

What kind of nanny state BS is this?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-17/eichenwald%E2%80%99s-revenge-man-who-sent-him-seizure-inducing-tweet-arrested-fbi
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: 41 people *arrested* for Tweeting flashing images
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:04:45 PM »
Just that -- nanny state BS.

Plus!  the Eichenwald idiot set off the GIF himself by clicking on it.

This safe space-type bullspit seems to be infecting more and more aspects of life and it's gonna get worse before TSHTF.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:46:06 PM »
I'm honestly gobsmacked by this.  You can be arrested and charged with a felony for sending an obnoxious image on the Internet?  What's next, if Eichenwald says I wore a loud fluorescent shirt in order to give him a seizure will I be arrested for a sartorial felony?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
More insanity by the unsane...and the fascisti at the FBI deem this a felony?  It shouldn't even be a chargeable offense, it is a gross abuse of authority.

Trump could negate this immediately with a pardon!  Start the petition!!!

They get their panties in a wad over this BS..meanwhile much worse is going on-celebrating fantasies of assassinating Trump and anti-Semitic filth...not to mention clear treason and corruption by the Clinton's and Obama and Soros...yet this little social media flame rises to the level of Public Enemy Number One?!

Fvck the FBI, and the rest of the fascisti!   ::vafancoul::

Idiots...cannot possibly realize if they make everybody a criminal it will lead to a full embrace of that title and they'll be up to their ears in proud outlaws!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:09:49 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
This is really ridiculous.  How long before they try to expand this concept to include anything that upsets someone enough that they claim physical damage to their health?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/19/arrest-of-twitter-user-could-have-serious-implications-for-the-world-of-internet-trolling/

I agree with Breitbart's Charlie Nash:

Danielle Citron, a professor at the University of Maryland who specializes in cyberstalking, told the Post that there is no first amendment defense for what Rivello allegedly did. “It doesn’t have expressive value. .?.?. It doesn’t express someone’s autonomy of views and opinions. It’s not contributing to the marketplace of ideas,” Citron said.

Breitbart tech writer Charlie Nash disagreed strongly with this and tweeted after the arrest, “Kurt Eichenwald managed to get a guy arrested for sending him a GIF on Twitter… f**k this world.”

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:18:42 AM »
How effing stupid does somebody have to be before they realize their ever-increasing fascist tactics are going to jump back and bite them hard in the ass?

I think we're going to find out.

Frankly, I like the comment too, "f**k this world", time to end this BS the only way it can be made to end.  Thanks to ProgFascisti the world over, we're gettin' there...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:03:44 AM by Libertas »

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »
The thing is the process (of being arrested etc) is the punishment.   At some point,  hopefully,  the charges will be dropped.    But by then the damage is done,   you have lawyers bills,  you lost your job etc,  etc.    So that a$$ gets his pound of flesh.   If somehow (though in this day and age you never know)  that guy gets convicted,  that's just gravy.

Leftists have learned to use the slow moving gears of government to punish. 

It works quite well.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:06:24 AM »
Their stinkin' hippie parents learned that from their ComIntern handlers (foreign and domestic) and passed it down to succeeding generations of misfits...

One day soon, creatures of the earth great and small will feast upon their rotting flesh...

::smallestviolin::