Author Topic: Wikileaks releases "Vault 7" - CIA Hacking Tools  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Wikileaks releases "Vault 7" - CIA Hacking Tools
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:32:42 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-07/wikileaks-hold-press-conference-vault-7-release-8am-eastern

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

Maybe somebody with more background in techie stuff can understand all the in's and out's...to me it appears Langley is wanting to become the real life version of SkyNet...it has the drones, the weapons...it just needs all the data...and it appears they do...seems like any device can be turned into a Robo-Spy.

Yeah, swell...things like this never end badly...right?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Wikileaks releases "Vault 7" - CIA Hacking Tools
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
Isn't this interesting?!

Snowden 2.0?

In a statement to WikiLeaks the source details policy questions that they say urgently need to be debated in public, including whether the CIA's hacking capabilities exceed its mandated powers and the problem of public oversight of the agency. The source wishes to initiate a public debate about the security, creation, use, proliferation and democratic control of cyberweapons.

Also cars, suggesting that the CIA may have a role in the death of Michael Hastings:

As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks.
The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations.

Examples of CIA projects

Umbrage: The CIA's Remote Devices Branch's UMBRAGE group collects and maintains a substantial library of attack techniques 'stolen' from malware produced in other states including the Russian Federation. With UMBRAGE and related projects the CIA cannot only increase its total number of attack types but also misdirect attribution by leaving behind the "fingerprints" of the groups that the attack techniques were stolen from.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-07/wikileaks-hold-press-conference-vault-7-release-8am-eastern

IIRC there was a general understanding back when this first broke how easily digital "fingerprints" can be forged...

By golly we got the best statist government extorted taxpayer funds can provide I tell you what!

::cussing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 02:46:16 PM »
I'm not that worried about my burner phone but I am concerned about my Samsung tv; it's hooked up to cable and the ROKU but not the internet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »
So with this "misdirection" malware, the CIA could hack into systems and make it look like the Russians did it. The implications are earth-shattering. It would mean that the CIA has potentially been behind the entire "Russia" scandal, and that under Obama, the CIA was weaponized against the Trump campaign, and ostensibly against any other enemy of the Leftists.

We already know that Obama weaponized agencies. The IRS, the Department of Justice, the EPA...

I so desperately want that sonofabitch to get taken down.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:36:42 AM »
Even worse would be to manufacture the pretext for a war.  Note how WWII started with a simulated attack on a German radio station by the Poles, voila, Hitler had his cassus belli.

I think when all is said and done, it is going to be apparent that entire agencies will have to be dissolved.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:49:14 AM »
At least we know now who the real gatekeepers are in the Deep State aparatus, eh?

And what do they have to say?

"The FBI and CIA both declined to comment."

Naturally.  Who does a statist have to report to?  The President?  Apparently not in this case, because if a President refuses to play ball with them, they're out of the picture.  The People?  Heh, I know...unfair low-blow...they know they are above that rabble, it's why they coerce, bribe and extort politicians...since they are the peoples representatives.  Which rules out Congress, since...well, see previous comment about politicians.  So, no Constitutional accountability at all...can anybody name what this is?  Yes, high treason.

So, what do their actions show?

From the same WaPO article - The FBI has begun preparing for a major mole hunt to determine how anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks got an alleged arsenal of hacking tools the CIA has used to spy on espionage targets.

So, there you have it, self-protection only.

There is only one person who stands a chance at cracking this wide open, the outsider the people put in office to shake up the Establishment - President Trump.

It may come down to an ever-increasing set of escalating orders from him if this beast is going to be broken.  In the end though, unless all the statist ring leaders are forced to answer for their crimes against the Constitution and the American people...if it came down to an order for the military to take out the Deep State cabalists...would they do it or are they themselves too corrupted by the Shadow Government?

Dark times, eh?

If there is no justice, will they let us go our separate ways?

The only thing left is war and lots of it.

We'll have to see how deep the resolve is with the statists.

Time?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
I do hope the military has enough patriots loyal to the Constitution and the duly elected President of the United States.  It is clear that the clandestine agencies are disloyal.

Remember how the USSR seemed like such a permanent superpower, then next thing we know there are breaking news reports about one part of the Soviet government trying to arrest Gorbachev and another part of the Soviet government ordering the first part to stand down?  Things can happen quickly and unexpectedly.

At this point I would be fine with main battle tanks circling Langley and bull horns ordering the entire building to come out with their hands up.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »
Yup and yup.

And while not saying what should and can be done cannot be attempted...it's just that I doubt these shadow people will give up without a lot of blood being shed...and I'm not gettin' any younger here...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:54 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-08/most-shocking-revelation-cia-spying-scandal

Yup, shocking.  But a product of decades of conditioning.

Once again a small percentage of Liberty-Loving Americans will have to prevail or it's lights out...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 11:45:54 AM »

H/T - WRSA

Who cares, right? Turn on The Bachelor or whatever...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 07:22:12 AM »
Not that I need another excuse to avoid iCrapple phones...

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/wikileaks-vault-7-leak-cia-bugs-iphones-factory-fresh-darkmatter-darkseaskies/

...then again...CIA/FBI/NSA bug everybody and everything...

Enjoy your freedumb!