Author Topic: TikTok bill needs revisions to prevent website bans & exclusions or be killed!  (Read 94 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/house-vote-bill-could-ban-tiktok-it-trojan-horse

This is total full-frontal UniParty backdoor despotism and censorship f**kery!!!

Fix it or kill it!!!  And I am probably learning hard to the latter!!!!

Sundance agrees - https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2024/03/12/hr7521-the-tiktok-ban-law-as-written-is-not-about-banning-tiktok-its-about-information-control-pdf-included/

Trump better be calling reps and letting them know passing a sh*t bill that gives FJB the power to shut down websites will herald their doom!!!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 08:51:52 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I recall tik tok is China controlled but the content inside of China is different as they do not allow the same content as in the US.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, all the spying...none of the fun...

But...as I understand it there was no change to the bill, it is broadly enough written ("directly or indirectly controlled by a foreign entity") and retains its suspect exclusions (doesn't target the foreign entity, just websites and App stores and EXCLUDES product reviews, business reviews and travel and travel reviews)...

All this already too rogue government to declare foreign influence and national security (where oh where have we heard this BS before?!) and poof - BANNED!

This is going to be bad.

Ironically, we'll see if the butthurt youth addicted to their stupid human trick circus will be enraged enough to do anything to prevent it...it is obvious despots are not listening to reason...

And given FJB cannot hope to win if the youth vote switches or sits...there is the odd chance it could all be a political stunt to be their savior with a veto...

So, what will it be?  A veto to remain politically relevant or signing something the DeepState lusts for?

I remain skeptical of any puppets ability to defy the DeepState...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
H/T-CTH

Serendipitously, or not – depending on who you talk to, I was previously scheduled to be in DC at the moment of inflection for the passage of HR7521, the proverbial “TikToK Ban Law.”   Allow me to encapsulate the issues and present the point of those who say there is nothing to worry about.

First, the context that should matter (it doesn’t because the USIC are in charge here) is that every element that preceded the passage of the Patriot Act is being duplicated in the passage of the TikTok ban.  Which is to say, everyone is deferring to this ridiculous need to support USA National Security.

We The People have been burned by this approach before, yet so many refuse to see the similarity.

Second, the essential shield for those who support the bill [READ HR7521] comes down to the term “Foreign Adversary”, which is defined in the bill as Russia, China, North Korea and Iran.  As they make the case, TikTok ban advocates cite the content or platform of the issue must originate from, and/or be controlled by, a foreign adversary…. so quit worrying.

However, the legislative language cites Foreign Adversary Controlled Application (FACA), which applies to content providers, apps, websites, social media and hosting platforms.  This is where things get sketchy, because “under the direction of” is language that is included in the legislation, and the determinations of “at the direction of” are made by the Attorney General.

If the content, platform, website, or social media app generates content that is considered a national security threat, and providing information therein that is deemed to be under the control of a “foreign adversary,” it is the content within, not necessarily the platform ownership itself, that transfers compliance inquiry to the U.S government (DOJ Attorney General) for definitions.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2024/03/14/hr7521-tiktok-ban-assurances-and-those-who-remember-patriot-act-assurances/

::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::

Say goodbye to free speech in America...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:34:10 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
I heard that the choice to ban is at the govt discretion

Tik tok swayed some people to be anti Israel which may have caused this.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown