Author Topic: A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
From Australia no less.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/australias_green_delusions_a_diesel_in_the_shed.html

Let's see what they themselves may have learned by having come full circle.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »
Question: "What did South Australians have before candles?"
Answer: "Electricity."

So ironic.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 11:21:44 AM »
Sometimes a species pretending to be intelligent does things certain to make themselves the last generation of their kind...I don't necessarily disagree with the latter goal...just the means and the membership.

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »
When I was selling real estate,  a standby generator was becoming a far more popular thing for many buyers.     Never did have anybody ask for solar,,,,,,,,ever.........

I have also noticed that when we lose power because of bad weather,  it takes the electric company far longer to restore it,  then when I was a kid  (I'm 43).    I am guessing its due to aging distribution systems that are far harder to upgrade and replace due to much more regulation.     When I got my electric box replaced,  the electrician did it on Saturday so he wouldn't be delayed by the inspector.......   

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:16:41 PM »
When I was selling real estate,  a standby generator was becoming a far more popular thing for many buyers.     Never did have anybody ask for solar,,,,,,,,ever.........

Rules out too many houses I expect, but I would also expect that I would get a PV system for nearly free if there was one there. Especially if it was a real one with batteries.. Still better than a generator if its a battery driven system.. it does lower electric  bills, and its silent so unless they see the panels, they don't know you are powered.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:22:33 AM »
Guess what happened to me while I was away from home?

Yeah, the city replaced all the old analog electrical meters with fancy dancy newfangled digital jobbies that I am sure are just as honest and reliable as the older models...now the city has their E-M hooks into me with their evil remote RF crap!  So what I have been successful in thwarting on the water end (because they have to have willing access into the home, which I will not give) they've gotten with the electric.

Sometimes I absolutely loath modern life...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
The dirty dogs!  Got it done when you weren't home to thwart them!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 07:10:12 AM »
Yeah, it is doubtful I could've done any thwarting anyway...not without being oppressed by the so-called judicial system...and I think they did provide one instance of advanced warning...but there was no choice, no other option...not very American either way you cut it and that is what irritates me most.  This notion that government can do whatever it wants whenever it wants how it wants WAS NOT ANYWHERE IN OUR FOUNDING PRINCIPLES!!!

I tell ya, some days...

Too many of those days...
 ::outrage::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »

They must know him and didn't want to deal with him.   ::unknowncomic::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
The meters are passive - they only record and transmit usage data. They aren't interactive - they don't have the power to selectively turn down your thermostat. All they do is upload the data wirelessly - a labor-saving device.

Edit: Altard proofed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:03:48 PM by Alphabet Soup »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »
How many of us do you think still know what "Altard proofed" means?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 01:19:25 AM »

The things you find on the internets.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 04:28:59 AM »
 ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 07:00:07 AM »
Yes, 'ol Raptard...I recall stumbling somewhere...clicked a bad link...that happens sometimes when you go down the infernal-nets rabbit hole...saw that jackass posting and two thoughts hit me simultaneously: 1) I gotta GTF outta here and 2) not that jackass, he's still breathing?!
 ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »
The meters are passive - they only record and transmit usage data. They aren't interactive - they don't have the power to selectively turn down your thermostat. All they do is upload the data wirelessly - a labor-saving device.

Edit: Altard proofed.

I do dislike the water one more, because it would be inside my house...

Labor saving! Snerk!  How many times has that translated into lower budgets and lower taxes for homeowners?  I'm thinking never.  It merely allows one efficiency to divert more funds to schemes I will no doubt despise even more.  Government!  The very term should be expectorated out people's mouths as it was bile!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »

They must know him and didn't want to deal with him.   ::unknowncomic::

Oh, I am sure they know all about me.  And that is the way it should work...they being more fearful of me than I am of them.   ::evilbat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Precisely!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
Heh.  Found this posted at Weaselzippers, seems fitting for any topic involving government.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 10:21:17 PM »
Yes, 'ol Raptard...I recall stumbling somewhere...clicked a bad link...that happens sometimes when you go down the infernal-nets rabbit hole...saw that jackass posting and two thoughts hit me simultaneously: 1) I gotta GTF outta here and 2) not that jackass, he's still breathing?!

Last week.

I stepped on something while wandering the Intarwebs that immediately started to stink. I scraped it off and there he was. I asked him if he was still as much of a bloated bag of pus and he had been @ Powerline and he just muttered something in response.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 06:53:36 AM »

Last week.

I stepped on something while wandering the Intarwebs that immediately started to stink. I scraped it off and there he was. I asked him if he was still as much of a bloated bag of pus and he had been @ Powerline and he just muttered something in response.

Probably still sporting Smurf's PJ's in his mommies basement...