Topics > Weather, Climate, & Natural Disasters

A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned

<< < (2/6) > >>

Libertas:
Guess what happened to me while I was away from home?

Yeah, the city replaced all the old analog electrical meters with fancy dancy newfangled digital jobbies that I am sure are just as honest and reliable as the older models...now the city has their E-M hooks into me with their evil remote RF crap!  So what I have been successful in thwarting on the water end (because they have to have willing access into the home, which I will not give) they've gotten with the electric.

Sometimes I absolutely loath modern life...

Pandora:
The dirty dogs!  Got it done when you weren't home to thwart them!

Libertas:
Yeah, it is doubtful I could've done any thwarting anyway...not without being oppressed by the so-called judicial system...and I think they did provide one instance of advanced warning...but there was no choice, no other option...not very American either way you cut it and that is what irritates me most.  This notion that government can do whatever it wants whenever it wants how it wants WAS NOT ANYWHERE IN OUR FOUNDING PRINCIPLES!!!

I tell ya, some days...

Too many of those days...
 ::outrage::

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Pandora on June 05, 2017, 01:50:08 PM ---The dirty dogs!  Got it done when you weren't home to thwart them!

--- End quote ---

They must know him and didn't want to deal with him.   ::unknowncomic::

Alphabet Soup:
The meters are passive - they only record and transmit usage data. They aren't interactive - they don't have the power to selectively turn down your thermostat. All they do is upload the data wirelessly - a labor-saving device.

Edit: Altard proofed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version