Author Topic: NC considering revoking ban on med-rare hamburgers  (Read 752 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
NC considering revoking ban on med-rare hamburgers
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »
North Carolina might adopt the national food code drafted by the United States Food and Drug Administration, which would allow eateries to serve rare or medium rare burgers so long as their menus featured a disclaimer outlining the potential risks.

While North Carolina allows steaks to be served rare, regulators hold ground beef to a higher standard due to possible contamination from bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli O157:H7, a harmful microorganism that "produces large quantities of a potent toxin that forms in the intestine and causes severe damage to the lining of the intestine," according to federal ground beef safety guidelines.

"Allows".  Good of them, isn't it?

I'd like this prohibition repealed; I don't know that I'm happy that it will be scrapped in order to further align with the FDA's national "guidelines".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: NC considering revoking ban on med-rare hamburgers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:38:10 AM »
There are no boundaries to the Nanny state

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
When are they going to look into the gastro-intestinal dangers of Mexican food ?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 06:49:27 AM »
When are they going to look into the gastro-intestinal dangers of Mexican food ?

'Bout the 12th of Never.

This ridiculous law has been in effect since the early 90's when a bunch of people got sick (maybe died, I don't recall) from eating tainted Jack-in-the-Box burgers ..... in Arizona, IIRC.

Unable to divine the practical differences between fast-food joints and independent eateries, and wanting to be seen as "doing something", I can hear in my head the soft, southern accents oozing smug, self-righteousness in service to "public health" advocating this bullsht piece of nanny-statism.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"