Author Topic: Senate sex bill requires relationship training  (Read 1179 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Senate sex bill requires relationship training
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:59 AM »
A new law proposed in the Senate would require universities to have stricter policies against sexual harassment and have mandatory relationship training–and some free speech groups say there are problems with the law.

Unh hunh.  The "problems with the law" is one and it is that there may be such a law.

Earlier this month, Sen. Bob Casey, D-PA., and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., introduced the Campus Sexual Violence Act (The Campus saVE Act) which would require universities to enforce new disciplinary guidelines against crimes of sexual violence. The law would amend the existing Clery Act, passed in 1990, which requires universities to report all crimes committed on campus.

While the law attempts to define and combat all manners of sexual harassment, it would also require all incoming freshman and university employees to attend mandatory classes on dating and healthy relationships.

How about a course on the perils of "hooking up" or "friends with benefits"?

Nah, didn't think so.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Senate sex bill requires relationship training
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
Do they grade that "Pass / Fail" ?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:28:11 AM »
Why am I not surprised a couple of leftist pieces of Bill Clinton supporting garbage, is who wrote this?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »
Why am I not surprised a couple of leftist pieces of Bill Clinton supporting garbage, is who wrote this?

Who cares who wrote it. We get this from the whore mungers in DC this is really entering the Twilight Zone.How are they going to stop College kids from doing what they do.

Al Green "How can you mend a broken heart"
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
We need Dr. Jocelyn Elders on this case, stat!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
" it would also require all incoming freshman and university employees to attend mandatory classes on dating and healthy relationships."

A class is supposed to counter the sexualization of youth?  By the time a kid gets to college they have already formed an attitude --good or bad-- about dating derived from their social situations, school and family life.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
I wouldn't trust their definition of "healthy" either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »
" it would also require all incoming freshman and university employees to attend mandatory classes on dating and healthy relationships."

A class is supposed to counter the sexualization of youth?  By the time a kid gets to college they have already formed an attitude --good or bad-- about dating derived from their social situations, school and family life.

Yes, they should be more concerned about eight year old's in heels wearing lipstick.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »

Yes, they should be more concerned about eight year old's in heels wearing lipstick.

And being botoxed by her mother.

Oh.  Did you mean boys?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »
 ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »
We shouldn't be so quck to judge. I mean, there are an awful lot of young people whose parents have neglected to teach safe and healthy methods of fisting, anal sex, and the importance of "safe-words" to make sure that "relationships" don't go too far.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »
All this time I thought women at that age would know that they were being raped or not. Ans all this time I thought all that stuff was already being handled by the cops. Silly me.Is it possible that a group of people with a connection to a DC critter could be pushing this so they can make money off it and then donate to elections?? You know creat a need and fund it?? ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie