Author Topic: Who will take the Scalia seat on SCOTUS?  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Who will take the Scalia seat on SCOTUS?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 06:59:40 AM »
The past 8 years have been an undisciplined, un-moderated, perversity encouraging episode of America wherein those leaning towards  laziness & plunder have gotten used to the box of biscuits being permanently tipped on its side.

Now an adult has arrived, righted the box (or is in the process of so doing) and the spigot is being turned off. They'll now have to be somewhat responsible for their own biscuits...and they don't like that.

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on"
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
The thing about Democrats is, since they long ago sold their soul to Satan, they aren't encumbered by things like a conciuous, morals, ethics, decency...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-09/trump-defends-gorsuch-accuses-blumenthal-misrepresenting-what-judge-said

...from henceforward no DemonRat is deserving the slightest accommodation or fair treatment of any kind...it is well past time to do unto them as they have done unto us...

"Lying bastard" Blumenthal.  All DemonRats should be addressed as such, or in a like manner!   ::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
As such, here are questions gun owner rights advocates should expect the representatives they enable and support to ask Judge Gorsuch, things he shouldn’t have any trouble answering:

What did the Founders mean by “A well regulated militia”?
What did the Founder mean by “being necessary to the security of a free State”?
What did the Founders mean by “the right of the people to keep and bear arms”?
What did the Founders mean by “shall not be infringed”?
How can past Supreme Court opinion specifying protected arms as those being “in common use at the time” not apply to the types of firearms needed for militia service?
I’d also add a tangentially-related question, one not directly part of the “single issue,” but one that nonetheless is being used to undermine it:

What Constitutional basis is there to “secure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” by exercising protective measures over who may enter the country and who may become a citizen?
Naturally I don’t expect anyone to ask these questions. I expect confirmation, with Republicans telling us this guy’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and Democrats stirring up the ANTIFA rabble to convince everyone he’s a Nazi.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2017/02/freedom-demands-gorsuch-confirmation-just-rubber-stamp/#ixzz4YlKRXbGy
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Never ever bad questions to ask...but the conclusion is probably right...

(sigh)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/330220-get-ready-to-rumble-gorsuch-hearings-set-to-begin/

Well, time to see what kind of freak show the demonazi's have in store...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
I guess all they had in store was routine pissing and moaning...

As to the nominee...

When I hear things like "mainstream" and "consensus" I start getting angry!  I start seeing another Kennedy or O'Connor...

I better be wrong...

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »
Sh*t should happen. The pubbies have always rolled over for the leftist picks - no matter how extreme. The leftists? Not so accommodating. It isn't called "Borking" for nothing. The votes for pubbie nominees have almost always been partisan, with dhimmis voting along party lines.

I say go for the throat. Use the same tactics that they use and do so unapologetically.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »
Yup, Borking...this is 30 years over due!  eff 'em!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 07:34:02 AM »
Ball is in McConnell's court...jeesh, I cannot believe I just said that with even the slightest glimmer of credibility?!   ::facepalm::

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-panel-prepares-to-consider-gorsuch-as-threat-of-filibuster-looms/2017/04/03/129bcd8c-186a-11e7-bcc2-7d1a0973e7b2_story.html

And get a load of Lindsey girl...

If that step is eliminated, the Senate is “headed to a world where you don’t need one person from the other side to pick a judge,” warned Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.). “And what does that mean? That means the ­judges are going to be more ideological, not less. It means that every Senate seat is going to be a referendum on the Supreme Court. .?.?. The damage done to the Senate is going to be real.”

It's crap like this that convinces me E-GOP buttholes are going to torpedo this nominee, and I am not even sure it shouldn't be torpedoed given some concerns we've raised...but focusing just on the vote issue alone and making the assumption he should be confirmed...creatures like Lindsey seem to be setting the stage for a vote to either go against changing the rules and leaving a filibuster in play that in no reading of history or the Madison notes concerning the Constitutional Convention or the Federalist papers indicates a super-majority vote was ever intended for the Senate's 'consent" of court or cabinet nominees (and rules for which are established in the Constitution for each legislative chamber to enact their own) or vote to not confirm once the nuclear option is deployed on the cloture vote...after all there are other idiots like Lindsey in the Senate who may be under similar delusions....delusions like nominees haven't already gotten more ideological and proceedings more partisan!  After all the Democrats started this with the lies and character assassination of Judge Bork in 1987, and nearly succeeded in the political lynching of Clarence Thomas in 1991.

The damage done to the Senate was done four decades past, was largely led by that drunkard and date-drowner Ted Kennedy and is 100% on the Democrats!

Plus, this go around you have idiots like Murkowski and Collins to deal with in both votes.  Never in our history has a confirmation vote ever not been majority, the cloture rule was first broken by Democrats, is a chamber rule only with no binding precedent.

Oh, and I so wish I was there when Chuck U spouted this?!

“I’m sure we could trace it all the way back to the Hamilton-Burr duel,”

Why the heck doesn't somebody respond with "Oh, did the Minority Leader just suggest an honorable way out of this debate?  I accept!  To the Capital grounds we go!"  And I would have sported the biggest damn smile of my life!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:56:23 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
Confirmed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »
54-45

http://www.weaselzippers.us/333106-breaking-gorsuch-confirmed/

Maybe some weeping butthurt snowflakes will improve my mood...

Maybe a little...

Meh.  I still would like to hurt somebody with a closed fist...

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
Nice t'know that...somewhere Cecile Richards is freaking out!

Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards: We Need More Women in Congress. Just Not Pro-Life Women

Quick...someone send her a case of...

Here's Cecile's Twitter account...why not send her a greeting:

@CecileRichards

@PablodeFleurs
Replying to @PPact
LOL. Better visit your local dry cleaner & stock up on wire #coathangers, bimbo grrl. It'll soon be the back alley for y'all. #Gorsuch!🤣

@PablodeFleurs
Replying to @PPact
And ZERO rules were "changed", bitches-we simply did what the male-pimp frequenter #HarryReid did in 2013 (but I know bimbos can't read). 🤣

@PablodeFleurs
Replying to @NARALVirginia
We enjoy cramming the #Constitution up your ass & down your throat...simultaneously!
#Gorsuch #AbortionBitch 😜

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:48:31 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »
Old Gray Whore all wee-wee'd up over Gorsuch not siding with convicted murderer...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/opinion/neil-gorsuch-and-the-states-power-to-kill.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=1

::smallestviolin::