Author Topic: obama's investments  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
obama's investments
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
Wow.... I find this to be quite telling. Always follow the money.  Here is a President where most of his investments are in short term  products, while setting policy that is supposedly to "take us into the future".

Appears his investment style contradicts his rhetoric. He knows his policies are destroying us and his investments prove the point.

CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama own between $2.1 million and $10.25 million in U.S. Treasury securities, according to the president’sfinancial disclosure form released yesterday.

But all of that money is invested in short-term U.S. Treasury bills and intermediate-term U.S. Treasury notes. None is in long-term U.S. Treasury bonds.

By definition, according to the U.S. Treasury Department, Treasury “bills” mature in one year or less, Treasury “notes” mature in terms of 2 to 10 years, and Treasury “bonds” mature in 30 years.

U.S. Treasury bonds pay a higher interest rate than the shorter-term Treasury notes and bills, but they also carry a higher risk of their value being eroded by inflation.

On the Executive Branch financial disclosure form that the White House released yesterday, the president was required to name each of the assets he, his wife and his dependent children owned as investments or to produce income if the fair market value of the asset exceeded $1,000. The disclosure only required the president to report the dollar value of these assets in broad ranges (i.e. $1,000,001 to $5,000,000).

As listed on page 3 of the disclosure, the president and first lady own three blocs of U.S. Treasury securities. They own a bloc of short-term Treasury bills worth between $100,001 and $250,000 in a SEP/IRA. They own a much larger bloc of short-term Treasury bills worth between $1,000,001 and $5,000,000 that is not in an IRA. And they own a bloc of intermediate-term Treasury notes worth between $1,000,001 and $5,000,000.

In total, the Obamas own between $2.1 million and $10.25 million in short- and intermediate-term U.S. Treasury securities.  But, according to the financial disclosure form, the Obamas do not own any long-term U.S. debt in the form of U.S. Treasury bonds that mature in 30 years.

The Obamas’ holdings of U.S. Treasury securities equal up to 86.6 percent of their total assets, which equal between $2.8 million and $11.83 million.

In addition to the investment they have made in short- and intermediate-term U.S. debt, the Obamas also have money invested in a mutual fund that mirrors the S&P 500, a pair of college savings funds, the Illinois State Assembly’s pension fund, and
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: obama's investments
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
No stocks ?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:19 PM »

Obama, shorting America.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »

Obama, shorting America.

Ain't it the truth....The media covers for his lousy policies...he knows his policies are lousy and invests HIS OWN MONEY as a hedge against himself.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:16:35 PM »
So the Obamas are multimillionaires (from book royalties, I guess).  But the Democrats are the party of the "little guy", right?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
I wonder how many copies his supporters own. IE Soros.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie