Author Topic: Mohammad's Satanists being engaged by Philippines soldiers in Mindano  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/philippines-isis-gunmen-soldiers-army-marawi-city-street-battle-terrorist-jihadi-a7751406.html#gallery

I don't see Duterte doing anything but slaughtering every last one of these cultists.

Hope there will be impalements and baptisms in pigs blood and all sorts of don't-try-that-sh*t-here-again-assholes stuff!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Does any body know if  the Philippines still have communist rebels,  or has that finally gone away? 

I remember that being an annoyance that would flare up from time to time in remote areas.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I think the commies are largely dealt with...it's the Islamists in the southern islands that are a big PITA now, that and the criminal syndicates.  Perhaps Todd can enlighten further.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Did some research.    Looks like the communists are still a problem.  Looks like they have cease fires at times.

Now they have a Muslim problem too.   

The politics are probably very similar there too.  Urban based politicians that know nothing of the real problems in the rural areas, ignore most of it,  but the countryside gets most of the problems of it.   No wonder that Duterte got elected. 

The urban-rural divide worldwide is a huge problem. 

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Commies are still around and still demanding protection money from where ever they can.  Mostly in the mountainous far north.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Oh man, they didn't take over Baguio did they?   ::facepalm::

I thought they were largely isolated off to the east somewhere, or maybe northeast.   ::whatgives::

Anyway, those Moros clowns have been a PITA in the South for a long time...several centuries.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

I thought they were largely isolated off to the east somewhere, or maybe northeast.   ::whatgives::

Anyway, those Moros clowns have been a PITA in the South for a long time...several centuries.

They are largely responsible for the development of the .45 Automatic.  When the Philippines were ceded to the USA after the Spanish-American War, American troops had trouble with those Moros not being put down quickly enough with the .38 revolvers they were using. They brought back the .45 Colt, which had better results. But the .45 Colt was old, so there was a push to develop a cartridge of the same diameter for a semi-auto pistol.  St. John Browning (PBUH) developed the .45 Auto in 1905.  An instant classic.

There's also a story that General Pershing made a show of covering the corpses of dead Moros in pig blood and making sure the survivors saw it. That may be a legend though. It's the right attitude regardless.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

They are largely responsible for the development of the .45 Automatic.  When the Philippines were ceded to the USA after the Spanish-American War, American troops had trouble with those Moros not being put down quickly enough with the .38 revolvers they were using. They brought back the .45 Colt, which had better results. But the .45 Colt was old, so there was a push to develop a cartridge of the same diameter for a semi-auto pistol.  St. John Browning (PBUH) developed the .45 Auto in 1905.  An instant classic.

There's also a story that General Pershing made a show of covering the corpses of dead Moros in pig blood and making sure the survivors saw it. That may be a legend though. It's the right attitude regardless.

::bows::

JMB  ::cool::

Many legends have a basis in fact...between chasing after Poncho Villa and helping end WWI and training the future leaders of the next war...he kicked ass in Cuba and then took care of business moping up the Moros...people forget, this later engagement often saw brutality on both sides...regardless if Pershing authorized it or looked the other way...it would be something I would endorse.

People also forget he tried to reach out to those a-holes, they responded by rejecting disarmament agreements and caused a final few skirmishes.  That's how Muzzies roll ya know?  No honor.  Pretty much after that they were as they are now...outcasts, misfits...batshyt crazy cultists.  Coexistence my ass!  Virus needs to be burned out!