Author Topic: And they're not preppers this normal  (Read 2609 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
And they're not preppers this normal
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »
https://youtu.be/bJCKetu94XY

I'm looking into a machine like this for the farm. Going backwards in time when we did this as a family and everybody was in on it no matter what age.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: And they're not preppers this normal
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:55:33 AM »
Look like ripe roma's...oh, and tomatoes too!   ;D

Nice.  What are they doing with that old 55g drum, slow cooking the bottles?

And sun-dried bits for chickens, good idea.  Obviously these folks have been doing it a long time and have it all down pat.

You got the hands...I say go for it!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
I've watched the video twice and still can't quite grasp how the thing works.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 09:21:39 PM »
I've watched the video twice and still can't quite grasp how the thing works.

It's fall time to prep tomatoes for the winter.  Truck load of maters wood fired pots maters sorted and washed put in boiling water to scald them so the skins come off easy take the partially cooked mater drain extra water out run though tamato mill(I need one) put in their version of ball jars.  Bug pot towels on bottom layer bottles layer towels layer bottle till almost to to on last layer towels and layer bricks so the don't float out of water bring fill pot with water boil 30 minutes remove bricks and bottles carefully and let cool covered so they don't shock and crack when cool store for year/years.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:27:53 PM »
Look like ripe roma's...oh, and tomatoes too!   ;D

Nice.  What are they doing with that old 55g drum, slow cooking the bottles?

And sun-dried bits for chickens, good idea.  Obviously these folks have been doing it a long time and have it all down pat.

You got the hands...I say go for it!   ::thumbsup::

The drum is just a fire ring under the pots. Won't need that many hands you I will be doing that in smaller batches but all kidding aside we use close to 100 28oz cans a year with just the two of us in the house.  I am planning on getting that machine to run the maters through.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 07:02:03 AM »
  It's fall time to prep tomatoes for the winter.  Truck load of maters wood fired pots maters sorted and washed put in boiling water to scald them so the skins come off easy take the partially cooked mater drain extra water out run though tamato mill(I need one) put in their version of ball jars.  Bug pot towels on bottom layer bottles layer towels layer bottle till almost to to on last layer towels and layer bricks so the don't float out of water bring fill pot with water boil 30 minutes remove bricks and bottles carefully and let cool covered so they don't shock and crack when cool store for year/years.

That part I got. I was trying to figure out exactly how the tomato mill works. It almost, but not quite, looks like a press. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of one apart. My mechanical mind finds this a challenge.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »

That part I got. I was trying to figure out exactly how the tomato mill works. It almost, but not quite, looks like a press. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of one apart. My mechanical mind finds this a challenge.

This best explanation.   
https://youtu.be/pWecldJnjTA
 Filippo Mazzie