Author Topic: What can only be an Islamic fridge...explodes, sets London building on fire  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
People were told in case of fire to stay in their apartments.  UNsanity.  Reminds me of 9/11, the Twin Towers, when building management "authorities" told people to stay in the building.  No f'g way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Sounds like a real Mel Brooks kind of lunacy...

"Goodbye head!" / "Hello balls!"
 ::facepalm::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Let me put on my tin foil hat for just a second and ask, how is it this building was a raging inferno all night and into the next day but remains standing?  I thought we were told the WTC collapsed because the heat of the burning jet fuel softened the steel structural beams enough that they could suddenly no longer support the weight of the building.

::foilhathelicopter::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Let me put on my tin foil hat for just a second and ask, how is it this building was a raging inferno all night and into the next day but remains standing?  I thought we were told the WTC collapsed because the heat of the burning jet fuel softened the steel structural beams enough that they could suddenly no longer support the weight of the building.

::foilhathelicopter::

I'm not an engineer, but I would guess jet fuel has a higher BTU value (burns hotter) than anything you'd find in that complex.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
It could be due to the fact that most of the actual spreading fire was on the outside of the building.   Had the building not been remodeled last year,  it would have probably been a minor fire.   The environmentally friendly newly installed building cladding seems to be very flammable and had a chimney effect to boot.    Sounds like the panels were made of cheap plastic,  which doesn't seem like a good idea for siding a high rise.   Since the building was built in 1974,  I am guessing the exterior was plain ugly concrete before like most public housing of the era.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Universal crack stack blueprint 72-13.