Author Topic: A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned  (Read 5701 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: A "Green" Lesson To Be Learned
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »
  You keep saying his name and he will turn up.    ::rockethrow::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
  You keep saying his name and he will turn up.    ::rockethrow::

You're thinking of "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Bee...

::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 09:26:29 PM »
Yes, JF's right (and picked that thought right out of my brain -- Strega).  Ya call for the debil, he makes an appearance.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
Yes, JF's right (and picked that thought right out of my brain -- Strega).  Ya call for the debil, he makes an appearance.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 05:58:19 AM »

Eggzackly!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
I take it as the talisman, not the liquor...I still got liquor on my brain...it's gonna be a long damn day... 

Another "I'll try to schedule that/Excuse me" morning...on a Friday...and I have enough stupid crap I am constantly juggling...waiting for others to GOTFLA's...

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:54:36 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
Guess what happened to me while I was away from home?

Yeah, the city replaced all the old analog electrical meters with fancy dancy newfangled digital jobbies that I am sure are just as honest and reliable as the older models...now the city has their E-M hooks into me with their evil remote RF crap!  So what I have been successful in thwarting on the water end (because they have to have willing access into the home, which I will not give) they've gotten with the electric.

Sometimes I absolutely loath modern life...

We got the in between ones.   It's digital,  but has to be read by radio wave,  so they still have to drive a van up and down the street to read the meters.   One of the few times a labor union went to bat for their members (the first plan would have done the full "smart" meters) and then laid off all the meter readers. 

The first electric company guy that wanted to change it did ask,  and I told him no,  I was working at home and didn't want my computer to shut down.   But it got changed sometime after that when I wasn't home.   All the clock were blinking one day when I came in,  asked the neighbor if the power had gone out,  it hadn't.  Looked around back,  yup,  new meter was there.........

They have this "offer" of a ten dollar discount if they can spin down your air conditioning on the hottest days remotely.   Ah,  no,  that's the days I run the d@mn thing.   Also so much that so called not remote not so smart meter too.......  Guessing one day there won't be no discount and not optional either.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:42:30 PM by richb »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »
Guess what happened to me while I was away from home?

Yeah, the city replaced all the old analog electrical meters with fancy dancy newfangled digital jobbies that I am sure are just as honest and reliable as the older models...now the city has their E-M hooks into me with their evil remote RF crap!  So what I have been successful in thwarting on the water end (because they have to have willing access into the home, which I will not give) they've gotten with the electric.

Sometimes I absolutely loath modern life...

We got the in between ones.   It's digital,  but has to be read by radio wave,  so they still have to drive a van up and down the street to read the meters.   One of the few times a labor union went to bat for their members (the first plan would have done the full "smart" meters) and then laid off all the meter readers. 

The first electric company guy that wanted to change it did ask,  and I told him no,  I was working at home and didn't want my computer to shut down.   But it got changed sometime after that when I wasn't home.   All the clock were blinking one day when I came in,  asked the neighbor if the power had gone out,  it hadn't.  Looked around back,  yup,  new meter was there.........

They have this "offer" of a ten dollar discount if they can spin down your air conditioning on the hottest days remotely.   Ah,  no,  that's the days I run the d@mn thing.   Also so much that so called not remote not so smart meter too.......  Guessing one day there won't be no discount and not optional either.

Yeah, I wonder how many go "Oh, OK" on that one!   ::hysterical::  And yeah, since when do these clowns ever not screw people over?  Honestly, it's the stupid people ruining it for the rest of us! 
 ::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.